SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have posted about SSD on several forums. I seem to get the most useful answers from SCI. Why? Alan takes time to research products that are sent to him to test. He answers the questions and he even had me send him my SSD power base the was overloading to have a look. Alan does not delete any posts unless you are trying to promote non-sposor sites or selling products that under cut the sites sponsors.

I asked about all the different digital sets. I got answers from everyone. However based on these answers it seems like carrera has no issues and SSD has all the issues. I am pretty sure this is not true. I do think that I will be sticking with sport because there plenty of people out there that can help with out slamming the product.

I know my posts sound like slams against SSD, but that was before I sat down and thought it through. SSD is in the early stages. Of course there will be issues with the products. The best way through these is to present them and see if others had these issues and how best to help them.

If say SCX has an issue, I am not going to go tell the person to get rid of SCX because it is not what I am running. I will probally say nothing

I guess the point is we all race what we race. We want information on the products before we buy them. Let s base it on facts and not on how we feel about a person or persons or a certain set or company

Alan is an independant person. he works for non of the big companies. he takes his time and money to present us with a overview of this hobby. He tests what is sent to him. if he seems bias to Scalextric it could be because Scalextric is willing to send hium products to test so that Sca3lextric can make a better product and sell more.

Well that is all

brian

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
When I came here looking for info on carrera, DaRainbow had the info. that was great and very helpful. the comparision chart he made was great too.

Does it matter if SCI can only review scalextric? Will what goes on at SCI or here destroy DaRainbow's beloved carrera?? NO.

I appreciate the work DaRainbow has put into the carrera product.

DaRainbow, why not write a review up on the carrera digital and have it put on SCI?? I am sure it would get published if it was a fair review

also if SCI is so bad as you say, stop postiong there

brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.