SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Soren Winkler Rasmussen
355 Posts
Hi Scaleracing
QUOTE (Scaleracing @ 8 Jan 2005, 22:56)All I want to hear on any brand, is how does it work, if you had/have problems how were/are they resolved, not Scalextric only has a 90 day Warranty so they are not committed to helping their customer. That is rubbish, however Hornby should look at the competition and adjust their policy to suit.I'm using two SSD sets without any problems.
Here in Denmark we have 1 year warranty by law, and that also applies to Scalextric. If a manufacturer won't give a one year warranty, the shop that sells you the parts will have to cover the warranty ... it's never the customers problem.

I can assure you that Scalextric wouldn't be selling anytning in Denmark, if they didn't provide the 1 year warranty to the shops.

Another quick note: this discussion on Darainbows comparison chart is bringing us nowhere.
... I haven't posted any views on this subject, because they were very well represented by Astro. I'm probably Scalextric biased - although I don't feel that way - I suppose it depends on your personal view. So who am I to judge anyway.

Everyone has the right to have their own oppinion, and I don't see how we can gain anything by continuing this discussion. I don't think that anybody is totally unbiased ... everyone has a personal oppinion. Claiming to be unbiased is perhaps not the most humble view on ones own oppinion, but then again, this is hardly the biggest problem in the world right now.

355 Posts
QUOTE (scalextricracer @ 9 Jan 2005, 09:46)I am currently running sport digital, current setup as follows

100 foot running lenght
4 Lane changers
2 standard sports digital power supplies

I have not experience any power drain at all with regarding lane changing.

The only thing I did notice was a flat spot for controller 2 and a Merc DTM this only affected this car, after a bit of testing and working things out, I swapped 2 straights over and checked the connections and all works fine. If I hadn't of checked the track i would to be saying that there are power problems.

i have a consistant 12V at every point around my track.

If people are having power problems and dropout this has to be the connections between each track piece.I have a very similar setup, but only with 82' of track. It's also 4 lane changers and 2 standard sports digital power supplies.

I'm running 4 cars without problems, and I'm using a track cleaning erasor to remove the thin oxide layer that will form on the track interconnections over time. I bought the erasor in a train shop, and I suppose it's made for cleaning the rails in a train system, but it works very well on a slot track.

The most dificult part to clean is the inside of the hollow slot connection ... here i use a very small round steel brush on a Proxxon drill (like Dremel) on slow speed.

It's a lot of work to do the whole track, so I don't do it very often.
... but when I have done it, I have no trouble feeling the improvement. Like Scalextric racer suggests, I normally only bother to remove the weak spots.

355 Posts
QUOTE (Xlot @ 9 Jan 2005, 21:24)Now, let's see if Søren confirms it, but my understanding is that if you place an analog car on DCC the effect is the same as if you had a stalled rotor - current is only limited by arm resistance - lights don't careThat would also be my best guess, although I don't know the electronic components in an SCX car ... I'm assuming that it's just the motor, and perhaps a small circuit for the head lights?.

This should present a start load of somewhere between 1 and 2 ampere, depending on the motor. IMO that shouldn't be a problem for the power base. I would expect the car motor to overheat before the power base.

It's also very strange that the power base died 5 minutes after the car was taken off the track???. If it was an overload caused by the car, I would expect the power base to die when the car was on the track.

This is a very strange situation ... I can't explain why a power base would suddently fail after it have had no load at all for 5 minutes??? ... it ought to be cool, calm and collected.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.