SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5,158 Posts
Have you contacted Scalextric's helpline? Have they replaced parts yet? Definately sounds like you have a faulty set

saddly also, the answer seems to be yes as to Carrera. People from all three systems have ended up with stuff which doesn't work, requiring varying amounts of negotiations with their dealers to sort it out. A problem with cutting (bleeding) edge technology and early adopting generally

· Registered
5,158 Posts
it doesn't have much fun, but it sounds broken if you can't even complete a 5 minute race! If you like the system with its grand prix, rally, arcade, drag racing and other modes, persevere and contact your dealer about it for a replacement. You will be buying into a system with cars ready for scalextric digital pro whenever that comes out, and reduced upgrade costs than if you go for another system now.

If you don't like the system at all, then ask for your money back, since your set definately is one of the 5 broken ones

· Registered
5,158 Posts
QUOTE (darainbow @ 8 Jan 2005, 17:18)Being a consumer advocate is tricky business.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Then stop trying to be a consumer advocate. You do have very valuable knowledge and insights, there is no need to try to sell Carrera. Just tell it like it is.

Your reviews and articleslike the timer for Carrera, and the ideas about sacrificial and beneficial LCs are great and inspired. There is really no need to campaign against other manufacturers or pretend that Carrera is more than it is. It just ends up hiding the gems of knowledge that you do have.

Yours hopefully

Dave

· Registered
5,158 Posts
Darainbow, I am not about to get into bickering.

Those that know my posts for a while will also know that I was an equally harsh critic of Moped when he posted things which overated scalextric's products. I also believe Carrera (and SCX) are good products which suit many people.

I will say that you complaints about the first batch of scalextric products to hit the shelves are scandelous. Have you contacted scalextric, retailers or distributers to find out what the actual PERCENT of returns/faults there were? If you do not do the research, then claiming that a product DOES NOT WORK as your first entry on the table is irresponsible defamation of a product.

I was also one of the people originally praising the table - such a resource is much needed. My praise was partly because at that time I believed you when you said it was a work in progress and your intention was to be factual and unbiased.

And as said before, I know which product suits me, and I realise that product does not suit everyone. I am strongly against misinformation which may affect those less knowledgable of the characters who present the 'facts'

· Registered
5,158 Posts
Sorry everyone, I know this is tremendously boring.

However, since Darainbow (of all people) criticises my objectivity, I feel it is necesary to post again on this topic in public in order to defend myself. (I have pointed this out to Darainbow in private before, but he is not bothered to research or believe or read; I also request that the moderators do not edit this attack on my character out of Darainbows post as they have done with darainbow's previous posts, imho it says much more about Darainbow than it does about me)

This is not a post to Darainbow, since he is too selective in what he reads in other posts or PMs for it to make a difference to his opinions.

But for everyone else who has not noticed from my posts across this board which are NOT to do with Darainbow's Carrera crusade, let me say this:

I do not advocate ANY particular system. I have produce a glowing review of the excellent Carrera Ferrari GTC which can be read on this board. I am critical of shortcomings in all systems and give praise to any manufacturers goods.

I think Carreras digital product has lots of benefits, and is the right system for some people. My posts have never been against Carrera, nor against Darainbow personally, only against misleading posts and for the benefit of the casual SF browser and newbie who has not learned when a pinch of salt is needed when reading the views of certain people.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.