SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
211 Posts
bmacminn

What setup are you running ?

I have 2 standard scalextric digital power supplies and currently have no overloads problems at all.

Whats cars are you running what are the pickups like.

How many cars are you running and when are the overloads happerning.

I have done a quick test with a screw driver and it take 3 seconds with 1 digital power supply and 5 seconds with 2 digital power supplies to get the overload message.

ScalextricRacer

· Registered
211 Posts
Guy's

I think we all need to stop think and think again as the idea of the forum is to help each other work out problems, not keep giving each other a verbel kicking.

We all have out favourites systems, but lets remember that we all have money invested in our own current setups, last count for me was about £6000, lets remeber that just becuase we all like different systrems doesn't mean we have to hate each other.

We all enjoy racing Slotcars one way or another.

ScalextricRacer

· Registered
211 Posts
DaRaindow

I am currently running sport digital, current setup as follows

100 foot running lenght
4 Lane changers
2 standard sports digital power supplies

I have not experience any power drain at all with regarding lane changing.

The only thing I did notice was a flat spot for controller 2 and a Merc DTM this only affected this car, after a bit of testing and working things out, I swapped 2 straights over and checked the connections and all works fine. If I hadn't of checked the track i would to be saying that there are power problems.

i have a consistant 12V at every point around my track.

If people are having power problems and dropout this has to be the connections between each track piece.

Hope this helps

ScalextricRacer

· Registered
211 Posts
Guys

Back the the orignal converstaion....

Question:
guest who SSD powerbase has just gone pop

That right mine has, but let me tell you how.

Over the weekend i have been trying to recreate some of the problems other people have had.

By shorting the track with a screw driver it took 5 seconds to come up with the OVERLOAD error. This was not the killer of the unit thou.

I am current reboxing all my cars so that i can build the base for my track in the loft, as i was packing i picked up a couple of SCX cars, Dome Judd and and Audi R8, Putting the Audi R8 on the track in a clock wise direction to see if was the pickup configuration that is causing the overloads, I did not get the OVERLOAD error, I tried it in anti clockwise direction, the cars rear wheels started to spin, tried the same thing with the Dome Judd clockwise the lights came and wheels span and then I got the OVERLOAD error on and in the clockwise the wheels spin.

After about 5 min without any cars on the track the SSD unit went pop.

Strange but ture.....

ScalextricRacer

· Registered
211 Posts
Well here goes

daraindow

Not sure but after putting the Dome Judd on the track this had the lights on and seemed ok but cause the OVERLOAD message and then the unit made a buzzing sound until it gave up the ghost.

Perhaps the analogue cars caused some type of feedback to the unit and this is what has caused it. but this only happened with SCX cars as i have 1 ninco which i hae also tried and plenty of scalextric cars but these have never caused the issue.

Xlot

The ninco and scalextric cars when put on the track sound like a stalled motor like they should, it was only the SCX cars that seemed to differ in what they did when placed on the track with SSD.

Will have to speak to adrian norman tomorrow to sort out a replacement.

All i can do now i pack away the rest and of my cars to i can build the new shelves to put them all on.

ScalextricRacer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.