SlotForum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Greg Gaub
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry to create Yet Another New Thread About SSDC, but I couldn't find one that seemed appropriate, or where I wasn't hijacking the original purpose of the thread.

I'm testing SSDC 5 for use tomorrow with my digital club, DRAWW, and am running into a wall with the race management stuff.

Simply put, I can't figure out how to make a car "stick" to a driver (or vice versa). Can anyone help me with that?

I can set up a race series with a number of drivers and a number of cars. I can go past 6 drivers, but any cars past the first 6 are ignored, it would seem. Also, cars always stay the same from heat to heat. They don't stick with drivers, and they don't shuffle, they just stay the same. While that's great for IROC racing, it doesn't help me for a series race where drivers always drive their own cars. Also, since throttle curves are part of the car settings, it's not possible for a driver to choose a specific curve that he likes because it will be different for the next race, being a different car than before. I can't even race with NO car selected, since SSDC won't create a race series without an appropriate number of cars chosen.

Is there an option I'm missing? I looked for a "Car" choice in the driver window, thinking that it would let me assign a car to a driver, but don't see any.

I appreciate any help I can get.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Mr F

If you set up the race with your drivers and cars once the race is setup you should be able to drag the required cars from the car tab onto the race page
and link them up with your drivers

Michael

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
There may well be a way but I havent found it

But then you have to select the cars and the drivers first to create a race series so that seems weird that you cant tie a driver to a car for the race meeting or even a car to a lane come to think of it as if you run club cars they would stay in the same lane and the drivers move

Michael

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,279 Posts
I just set out all the permutations I'm likely to have for the day and then duplicate the race as and when needed. Only limited success obviously, as you still have to setup every permutation.

·
Greg Gaub
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've added a feature suggestion to the SSDC feedback called "favorite car" for driver setup. It would solve MANY ease-of use and setup issues, not the least being this one. I only hope that it's not something especially difficult to implement. If anyone has any votes to spare, please consider throwing it behind this idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts