SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK whole bunch of dummy questions, I have been through the help and can't find the answers

1) How do you id a car?

2) I can't seem to get back into free practice or start a race after completing a race, the trigger has no effect, car doesn't go although the throttle panel does show movement. The race starts with all lights and sounds but the leaderboard shows all zeroes, and no car action at all. I resorted to shutting down ssdc after which it works fine. I'm running on Vista SP2.

3) Is there a place to report bugs, bugzilla for instance? I have managed to get an un-handled exception checking the bluetooth checkbox on the throttle screen, OK I'm a tester, I see a check box so I check it to see what happens.

·
Andrew Wallace
1,100 Posts
There are some videos on the SSDC website which are the nearest thing to a dummies guide. I plan to add some more over time. There is also a FAQ (which probably needs updating) on the website.
You can ID a car (from v5.4 onwards) by pressing the coloured square in the race manager screen that corresponds to the car in question. You can only do this in when either in free practice, or when free practice is disabled (set grid mode). You cant do it when a race is running.
After a race has completed, SSDC defaults to set grid mode. You can reenable free practice by pressing the free practice button in the race manager.
The bug in the throttle screen is fixed. There aren't any others
.... ok maybe one or two, but feel free to raise them in the SSDC thread. I will get to them, although I am currently looking for a needle in a haystack.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply

I'll give the id'ing a go.

I tried the free practice button and I even turned it on and off just to make sure it was taking effect, I'll have another few goes and see if I can get a repeatable test case.

Wow nearly 30 years of testing software and I am going to see my first bug free piece of code

I was merely hoping to reduce the noise by not reporting things that either had already been reported or you had already resolved.

Keep up the good work, perhaps I'll start on a dummies guide myself, seeing as I am a dummy I am perfectly placed.

Bud

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.