SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I created an excel sheet in that is able to display fastest lap times per car or driver or circuit and combinations. The data is extracted from the ssdc v5 SQLite (.db3) database.

All you need to do is open the excel sheet and enter the database path.
I know this is on the todo list for SSDC as well but maybe somebody is interested.

I do not kno how to insert an image here, maybe somebody can help me with that? Than I can show a screenshot.
If someone is interested, sent me your email address or pb me.

·
Circuit Owner
5,891 Posts
Screenshot doesn't appear I'm afraid.

Nevertheless - very cool idea. I have PM'd you for a copy (pretty please!)

Great work.

To insert an image in a post you need to host the image online somewhere and grab its URL. Then, in your post, use the "Insert Image" button (4th from the right in the edit buttons above the text entry box) and insert the image URL.

If you use Photobucket then hover over an image in your album and click the "direct link" box and it will copy the URL ready for you to paste.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Yes, just place all files (xlsx and the dll's) in one folder and open the excel file in Excel. Then a screen with lapdata and editors should appear. On the right you can enter a database path and specify filters and ordering settings. When done click on the 'Run query' button. Then de data on the left should be updated. Make sure Excel does accept macro's (this is a setting in Excel)

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
May I add a word of caution ............... it would be a lot safer to make a copy of your database and use that with Excel instead of your live version. If things go wrong you will probably loose the entire database

·
Registered
462 Posts
Yes GregK is absolutely right about that. The excel sheet only reads data from the database (SQL Select query)so I think nothing can go wrong but it's always good to make a copy. Do never make manual changes to the database because then SSDC will not work properly anymore!
By the way, I don't know yet how it works when ssdc is opened and has a connection with the same database. Maybe you get a read-only error then, but this will not harm the database at all.

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,279 Posts
Great idea thoefnagle, thanks.
I've stuck a request up on Andy's site requesting a csv export capability - go give it some votes (3 each if possible!).

Cheers.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
but why take a chance??

Another question ............ how often do you make backup copies of your database in case things go wrong?? The more races you run, then the more data you collect ...... would you want to start your database all over again?? The drivers, the cars, the setup details, .... there's a lot more data in the SSDC database than you might realise.

Backups are like insurance ... you hope that you will never need it - but when you do you will be glad of them.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Here endeth the lesson for today ................

·
Registered
462 Posts
I added functionality to edit pacedata for a car and track in a very easy way by entering a throttle value for time intervals. Because I found it a hassle to get variable pacers to work fine in SSDC. This way adjustments are very easy and precise to make.

Edit in Excel:

Result in SSDC:

·
Registered
462 Posts
I added race results as an extension on race results from SSDC:
data like how many drivers are behind you over all races or a specific event, how many points per race a driver collect in average.
This data can be showed per car or per driver. So you can see which car wins most races.
Data can be sorted by different fields.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts