SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hi,

I found that when a driver gets a lower power setting (say 60%), his fuel usage goes way up compared to drivers with 100% power. This leads to longer pitstop time for these drivers and they become even lower in ranking than they are without fuel simulation. I gave these drivers less power because they are inexperienced.

Look like a bug or am I missing something?
Anybody who experienced this?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Thanks guys for reacting,

The problem is that the drivers that have reduced power cannot drive properly because for them the throttle is too sensitive/powerful at 100%
But now they are 'punished' for having a lower power setting.

Editing the car settings (fuel burn rate or tank size) could be a workaround and is the solution for now I think, but not desirable because if I host a race, I want to use the event wizard, so that everyone gets to drive every car once. So that would mean I have to change settings every race...
I prefer not to change car settings because all my cars (except for pacers) are more the less equal to each other (variation < 8%)

UshCha: More top end power sensitivity leads to even more crashes I'm afraid, even for adults :)
Minardi: You say that no matter how hard they squeeze it won't burn more fuel. But Is that true? my experience is that they burn a lot that way

I still think fuel usage should be corrected by power setting (fuel usage = fuel usage * 0,6 when power is 60% or something like that). In real life a car running at 50% power does not burn a lot fuel as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts