SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have installed SSDC V5 for C7042 onto my computer running windows XP, connected the cable and installed the drivers needed and pretty much followed all the instructions ready to run my first race. I set up the race with driver,car,track etc and am ready to run my first race-but this is where my problems begin.
1. Upon pressing the trigger on the controller there is a 1-2 sec delay until the car moves.(Timing etc all works fine)
2.I dont seem to be able to get much power to the car sometimes.
3.If I set SSDC to free practice the car will run around the track as per using SSD without SSDC(Timing does not time laps at all) and both red and green light are on the pb.
Being new to SSDC I have been reading through the many threads and just cant seem to work out why this is happening. The Green light is on and red off on the pc screen and the pb so Im assuming that everything is connected correctly. As I said in no 3 the only time both lights are on the pb is when I set to free practice but the green is the only light on the pc screen. If anyone can offer some advice it might save me a few strands of hair. Have spent quite a few hours playing around with SSDC know with time I'll eventually get to know how to use it. Thanks in advance for any help and sorry if these seem like lame questions.
Cheers
Matt

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Hey Matt - SSDC is great once you figure out all the settings but at times it can be frustrating for the new users.

(1)&(2) - have you tried a different controller and different car?

(3) - if you have both green & red light on the APB that means that SSDC has released controll over it and no laps will be recorded. Click on the little round green button within your race settings and you will notice APB only displaying green light now. That means SSDC has taken control over the APb and it will start enforcing all the settings you have apllied and will start displaying lap times in free practice.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (zarko @ 7 Aug 2011, 01:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey Matt - SSDC is great once you figure out all the settings but at times it can be frustrating for the new users.

(1)&(2) - have you tried a different controller and different car?

(3) - if you have both green & red light on the APB that means that SSDC has released controll over it and no laps will be recorded. Click on the little round green button within your race settings and you will notice APB only displaying green light now. That means SSDC has taken control over the APb and it will start enforcing all the settings you have apllied and will start displaying lap times in free practice.

Hi Zarko,
No have'nt tried different controller but have tried a different car,same problem.Did think that when the pb had the green/red lights on that SSDC wasnt in control as when both pb and ssdc were green this is when I have the problem with the throttle control,will try different throttle.
Thanks
Matt

·
Administrator
10,133 Posts
Check your processor useage figure - if it is above say 20% then your PC is not fast enough or you have too many background applications running. Antivirus can seriously affect your speed.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (RikoRocket @ 7 Aug 2011, 03:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Check your processor useage figure - if it is above say 20% then your PC is not fast enough or you have too many background applications running. Antivirus can seriously affect your speed.

Cheers,will check processor usage etc and see what else is running. The computer I'm using will be solely for SSDC so I'll clean out the computer and see how things turn out. Just hope I have enough speed as I don't really want to get another computer just yet.
Thanks
Matt

·
Prof I T
11,171 Posts
hi
if you remove all the unwanted/uneeded stuff you should find all is ok,i run ssdc v5 with a old spec laptop that has only 256 of ram and it runs 100%...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was having all sorts of problems, some of which seemed very similar to yours - still am really - but I found that disabling the auto track call function seems to have helped enormously with the power at start problems. By the way since I got back into this hobby this forum has helped with every problem I have had, so there always seems to be a solution for every problem you just have to find it or ask, so thanks very much to all who contribute.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (RikoRocket @ 7 Aug 2011, 03:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Check your processor useage figure - if it is above say 20% then your PC is not fast enough or you have too many background applications running. Antivirus can seriously affect your speed.

Checked the processor usage figure after cleaning the system etc, was around 9%,Max was about 16% ,and un-installed antivirus.Still to check on other background applications running(when I work out how to)LOL

QUOTE (bigbird @ 7 Aug 2011, 18:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hi
if you remove all the unwanted/uneeded stuff you should find all is ok,i run ssdc v5 with a old spec laptop that has only 256 of ram and it runs 100%...

Cheers Bigbird,
Have been going through the computer today and removing excess junk on it,still some more to remove. The computer I'm using on the track has 512MB of RAM so I was pretty sure after reading other threads that it should be fine.

QUOTE (BrockysNo1 @ 7 Aug 2011, 22:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was having all sorts of problems, some of which seemed very similar to yours - still am really - but I found that disabling the auto track call function seems to have helped enormously with the power at start problems. By the way since I got back into this hobby this forum has helped with every problem I have had, so there always seems to be a solution for every problem you just have to find it or ask, so thanks very much to all who contribute.

Yeah I've been playing around with different settings so it could be something really simple and yes I agree, plenty of helpful people here on the forum,thanks for the help.

Anyway, after a day of cleaning/defragmenting/removing old programs etc I can now say that the computer is quieter then it ever has been and is definately faster. I've still got that slight delay that is always there no matter where you are on the track so I suppose I'll have to play around with the settings a bit. I was thinking of un-installing SSDC and re-installing it to see if this might help. I'm pretty sure I downloaded the Library interface(you know what I mean) to the correct location so it has to be something simple(Doesn't it?).Looking forward to getting this program up and running correctly and thanks to everyone for their help.
Cheers
Matt

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok,after re-reading a few threads I noticed that my computer running XP with SSDC was missing a few things. I downloaded the same version of SSDC V5 onto my newer computer and the items that were missing(delete race button and the second flag for choosing which pb you were using) were now on the screen. Went outside to the garage, uninstalled SSDC and reinstalled and the flag and delete race buttons were now there(weird). What also was weird that the new computer starts SSDC with 'Welcome to todays racing' with a female voice and the XP with more like a computer generated male voice, go figure. Have still got that slight throttle delay so will spend more time removing everything off the computer that does'nt need to be there in the hope that this is causing the delay.
cheers
Matt

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got a question that has probably been asked before(somewhere, I can't find the answer) but this is another way that I thought might help me troubleshoot my problems with SSDC. After spending the last week trying to get SSDC V5 up and running and actually not driving any laps around the track I thought I would disconnect SSDC and just go back to using the tower that come with C7042 to have a bit of a play. I have upgraded the firmware to the latest version from the SSDC site and the question is-

Q.When you upgrade the firmware onto the pb do you lose all settings such as pace cars etc, my pb now only has the race and program settings,nothing else, is this how its supposed to be?

Hope someone can answer this question.
Cheers
Matt

·
Administrator
10,133 Posts
You have to be in advanced mode. When you boot up use the side arrow to move from basic mode. This has to be done in the few seconds of boot up, but it will then stay in that mode.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (RikoRocket @ 10 Aug 2011, 01:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You have to be in advanced mode. When you boot up use the side arrow to move from basic mode. This has to be done in the few seconds of boot up, but it will then stay in that mode.

Yeah, silly question really, my pb had always been set in pro mode from the day I bought it. Had changed it back to basic once, but had always left in in pro mode. Went outside to the track after I posted the last question and figured it out as soon as I turned it on. I guess that classes me as a 'numpty' (I think thats the word they use here on the forum as a @#*&head). Still can't get the delay from the throttle to the car so I guess that means getting someone to have a look at the computer I'm using on the track(if it survives the week)
Thanks for the help but until I get the computer issue resolved I guess I'll have to stick with the tower display.
Matt

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to RoadKill for his help in stripping down and sorting out the old computer, unfortunately we come to the conclusion that the processor is stuffed so headed out and bought a cheap laptop and now SSDC is up and running. No problems with the setting up now and all of the program is working fine. Still learning about the program and its great to know that if I'm stuck all I have to do is read through a few posts or ask the question and I'll be back in business (plenty of posts have helped me out already). Now just to set up the larger screen so I can really enjoy SSDC.
Cheers
Matt

1 - 13 of 13 Posts