SlotForum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi does any one using ssdc know if the direction off travel can be changed in analogue mode as I dont appear to be able to change it. I have a few analogue cars that i want to have a bit off fun with but they are going the wrong way round my circuit.
thanks
Terance

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
the only way at present to change direction is to plug the cruddy tower in and do it from there.

The good thing is that once it is set then it will remember what direction you have chosen and keep it.

I would of thought that direction change would be one of the things to do on the ssdc wish list.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bigbird if it is only needing the tower to be plugged in once hey I can live with that. thanks for you wisdom in this matter, I tell you I would be lost without the help you guys dish out. it good you know what is what, All I need to do is try to find that wretched tower, now were did I put it.

Thanks again

Terance

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
roll on the day ssdc makes the bloody tower
totally redundant.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Not sure If that happens Ade, at the moment we are testing analog mode in RCS, but can't find the damn direction code, I guess Andy has the same problem.

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
from memory when the apb first appeared it was mooted that the pc would be able to take full control over it if needed.

There are still a few steps to go before the tower can be binned.

As for the code i hope you find it soon but analouge is not even on my use list as i went to mih code for all my chips and the latest one removes the analouge function.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
QUOTE (Minardi @ 29 Aug 2012, 07:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not sure If that happens Ade, at the moment we are testing analog mode in RCS, but can't find the damn direction code, I guess Andy has the same problem.
I suppose it's not as simple as just asking Hornby\Scalextric, as I think they have made the APB firmware public & released this snc communications protocol doc? Or even a quick email to Sagentia who I assume were the sub-contracted programmers?

·
Living the Life&#33;
11,082 Posts
I would suspect that even though the protocol has been released, what is actually used in the APB is several iterations and modifications later.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
The SNC protocol does not support analog direction. Support for Analog - Digital switching was not in the original Hornby release and is courtesy of AW.

As I have said before if anyone else has the abillity & time to make changes to the C7042 firmware then make a proposal to Adrian Norman / Andrew Wallace as you would want to work off the latest version.

Rich

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hahahaha, protocol, snc ,this post has gone woosh straight over my head now, all I wanted was to be able to runs me old ani scaleys, sorry if I sparked a debate.
Thanks for the help though.
as a foot note I got some inox mx3 coming to try on my track cant wait to see if it does what everyone says it will.

Thanks again

Terance

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
the inox will not disappoint,but golden rule is a little goes a laarrrrng way.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My inox arived today, av ee some advise on the best way to prepair this most magic of ointments it would would be helpfull, I ave read putting it on the braids is best, am I best off using a syringe and a needle point, and also how to apply it to the rails, I am a little worried bout getting it on the plastic in case it creates a loss off traction, I ave nough problems keeping the cars on the track as it is hahahahaah,

Thanks for all your help so far bigbird youm a boody, youm almost cornish im sure arn eee

ps sorry for the twang in my typing I ave ad one of those days

Terance

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
i used a needle oiler to apply directly to the rails.obtainable from all good rail road stores.

Once you have applied to the track top ups are best applied to the braids,that is what i found anyway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts