SlotForum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently installed ssdc on my new track and I can't get it to record any throttle data.

I have a 7042 pb with version 5 of ssdc. I have updated the firmware on the pb to v1.06 (I thought this may have had something to do with the problem i was experiencing, so i upgraded, but it made no difference).

I running ssdc in "parallels" on a Mac. Everything works great except the throttle recording.

I have set up two drivers and two cars in the database, and one track.

I have run several races but there is no throttle data recorded for either car. I have run races with pace drivers selected (one driver and two drivers) and they run on the constant throttle (quite well I might add) even when I have ticked the 'variable throttle' option.

I look at the pace car editor and there is nothing there. I have pressed the clear car data button and then pressed the record pace car data button, but it does not appear to record anything. Every time I look at the 'pace car editor' the table is completely empty.

Please help - I really need the variable throttle option to get a decent lap time on my pace cars as my track has some tight bits with variable elevations, so the cars spin off at th ebottom of the hills on fixed throttle. The fastest I can get a car around on fixed throttle is about 16 seconds, and they need to be down to about 12 to be competitive.

I've been fiddling with it all evening and I can't make any sense of what is going wrong...

Cheers

Andrew

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Hi Andrew

Have you clicked the red button just below the menu bar? - this toggles "record pace car data"? I don't think the manual has not been updated for this.

Btw variable pace cars are work in progress and many people have problems and go back to fixed throttle pace cars. I would wait for the next update before spending too much time on it - I spent days trying to get it to work properly. There are a few threads here on this including one long one started by the author awallace. I seem to remember Guam Racer succeeding with a succession of manipulations.
Searching brought up this blog entry but I never tried it: LINK

Good luck
Chris

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chris

Unfortunately, it's not the same as the problems others appear to have had/be having. I'm simply not getting any throttle recording, at all. I have tried the red "record" button, but it doesn't do anything - it goes grey as if recording, and h stop button appears, then after half a dozen laps I press "stop recording" and refresh but there is nothing there.

Very frustrating.

·
Registered
984 Posts
QUOTE (Boy Racer @ 23 Oct 2011, 01:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks Chris

Unfortunately, it's not the same as the problems others appear to have had/be having. I'm simply not getting any throttle recording, at all. I have tried the red "record" button, but it doesn't do anything - it goes grey as if recording, and h stop button appears, then after half a dozen laps I press "stop recording" and refresh but there is nothing there.

Very frustrating.

I think "refresh" is used to wipe it! Just look at the data after you stopped the recording without refreshing. Its a while since I tried this option. Like the man said if you want to have a bit of fun for a few hours, do so. However be warned that even if you get it running it will not be mega fast. As a rough guide you need to drive such that if you were 1 straight length late, slowing down for a corner you would still get round and if you were 1 straight too early breaking for the corner but 1 straight to early putting the power on you would still get round. Its fun but not very practical. Note if you get it working, you always have to start at its original start position. You cannot start it from any other position as you need to start the replay from scratch.

Have fun.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Usccha but the refresh button is not the problem - there's nothing there before or after.

If anyone has had this issue and fixed it, I'd be grateful to hear from you.

Cheers

Andrew

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have since tried the throttle checking program from the 'all thing techy' thread, and it does not read anything either... It's beginning to look like an issue with Mac Parallels. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear 'em

Cheers

·
Andrew Wallace
1,100 Posts
When looking at the pace car editor window, you need to select a car (from the car window) and a track (from the track window). The title of the throttle graph will show you which combination of these two you are looking at.
The refresh chart just updates the graph if there is new data. Clear car data clears down the previous recordings so that you can start again, and normalise adjusts the recordings so that they are all the same duration.
Parallels will have nothing to do with it

When you are recording, make sure that you load race data that includes the car and track combination that you are wanting to establish as a variable throttle pace car.
If I get the time in the next couple of weeks, I will create a short video on how to do this.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Hi andrew and welcome back its been a long time.
I to would love to see a video because Im having problems with this to.
regards ade

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Now your back your be getting some stick the native are waiting for all your good work that you were/had been doing good luck.
ade.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Andrew

I would love to see your video - maybe I am just missing something obvious...

I do select car and track, and the title tells me what I am looking at... But nothing turns up

Cheers

Andrew

1 - 12 of 12 Posts