SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, been away for a while so I've just been bringing myself up to speed. First the basics...

C7042, fw 1.04, just updated to ssdc 5.1.10. I have one of the serial to serial cables via a serial/USB adapter. Laptop running XP Pro, latest updates etc.

Last time I used SSDC admittedly the previous version, everything was fine.

Fired it up and everything seemed to be working fine in free practise, times were being recorded, no problems. After a few minutes the throttle on the car stuck open, and was no longer responding to the controller. Took car off track but SSDC still seemed to be getting signals from the APB. Other cars/drivers starting appearing on the leaderboard (although there was nothing on the track) and SSDC was palying sounds as if cars were crossing the finish line.

Powered down, restarted everything. Everything working normally for 5-10 minutes, and then the same again. Restarted agin, and now.... nothing. SSDC is up and running, and looks likes its getting signals from the APB. Tried again, same thing, but noticed a couple of odd things. The serial power reading had jumped fom it's normal steady 43ma up to 120+ ma (approx 240 max), and the plug on the end of the serial cable (at the PC/adapter end) was getting hot. Not the PC adapter itself, but the yellow plug with the purple tape (assuming they are all the same...)

Tried the APB with its own tower, and it ran normally.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Andy, sorry only got the one cable.The cars that initially had the full throttle were hard wired digital, not DPR. And not the same car each time

Rikorocket: sorry, fried chip in the car? in the USB adapter? In the cable?

Is there any chance that it might be the PC end. I'd been doing some tweaking to get some more oomph out of a very old processor........ Nothing physical, just disabling a few services.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts