SlotForum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok its been awhile since i Have been down this path and maybe age is kickin in but i cannot for the life of me get them to do anything everything is new so i am at a loss . new pc, latest version ssdc, latest firmware 7042 and i can get all to work(normal race and such) up to pace cars, i have pace car recorded laps, driver, car, as soon as i tick pacer box nothing i loose control of car which is understandable but i click use pace cars in free practice , nothing, same with a race .I have followed Andys guide
to pace cars both fixed and variable to the letter for 3 days to no avail..
Any suggestions would be much appreciated
cheers
Glen

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Hi Glen,

There's been a fair bit of discussion on this over the past few months, particularly about clicking & unclicking the new pace car icon and rolling back to old versions.

You could start reading here and the whole thread for some possible workarounds, but it sounds like there's some bugs in the current version, so you will need a lot of patience and may or may not succeed, going on other's experiences. Also, the manual hasn't been updated for a while and the new features are not documented.

If you're still lost, or looking for new buttons, ask away and one of the regular SSDC users should be able to guide you & post pics. I threw in the towel some time ago and went back to the basic inbuilt APB pacers, but I'd love to have easy to use variable speed pacers although that may require a different approach to be reliable.

Chris

·
Registered
158 Posts
it's also caused me a lot of headaches, I've managed to get one pace car running at a fixed speed but can't get any other car to run. The link Chris posted was usefull but there's a youtube clip of a kid programming fixed speed pace cars on youtube that when i copied I got (one) car running. As Mr Flippant advises they are only good for traffic but make certainly make racing with only 2 people a lot more fun.

Here's the clip, dunno why but when i followed this kids instructions i got it to work.

My advice is persevere, when you get it up and running it's a great programme. We've just discovered the fuel management for analogue cars, tonnes of fun.

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
nice video. The one thing that he is doing different to what i have tried in the past is to disconnect from the powerbase while the pacers are set.

I will give this method a try out tonight and see if it works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts