SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me if this has already been answered but I cannot uncover by searching.

The C7042 offers parameters to set a Pit lane Skip Time (PrPit/PoPit) to enable Pacer Cars to be run with random lane changes. That is, to avoid the pace car randomly entering the pit lane but to allow lane changes on rest of the circuit. SSDC does not appear to offer this. Anyone know differently?
Incidentally, I do have a pit lane sensor (thanks to Riko) so SSDC software does know when pit lane entered but that's 'too late' to stop the lane change itself.
Thanks.

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
at the moment only when you are connected to the standard supplied tower can you stop pace cars entering the pitlane.

It is as far as i am aware on the planned list of upgrades for a future release of ssdc.??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, this option should have been included in SSDC.

However, this is possible to configure it with the Scalextric tower before using SSDC. If SSDC does not overwrite this parameter, this should work.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
I don't think it is appropriate to "carp" about what SSDC does not have or should have.
If you have a suggestion, post it under the "feedback" on the SSDC website (link).
If others agree, they can apply their "ballots" to your suggestion.

Remember, Andy Wallace does not do this as his "job" but rather on his available time.
I think that what he is able to do, based on "feedback" and his free time, is just this side of incredible and greatly appreciated.

If you want things done by a "corporation" expect slower response time and higher costs.

Cheers!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi,

My purpose was not to "carp" Andrew's work which is brilliant !
SSDC is great.

The only thing we try to do is to see whether the APB parameter (PrPit or PoPit) is overwritten or not, which could prevent pacer cars from enyering the pit lane with SSDC.

Regards.

·
Andrew Wallace
1,100 Posts
The way pacers run, when SSDC is being used, actually completely ignores any settings in the powerbase. Having said that, I will be adding the pacer pit lane time limits into SSDC shortly, so you won't have too long to wait.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Many thanks to Andy for his response. SSDC is brilliant & I certainly was not suggesting otherwise. More that I was just ignorant of some of its features.

Regards

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure if this subject has been continued some place else. I have the latest downloads for SSDC and c7042 as of 6-20-12 but cannot find pace car lane changing time limits in the option tab or anywhere else. I have a pit lane put not a pit pro (yet). I don't know if that would even matter if the pace car simply had a lane change time limit on it. Am I just not seeing how to turn it on?

·
Registered
281 Posts
You can specify a time range not to change lanes on, ie when you are coming up to the pit entrance. Not sure where this option is without starting the software up, try looking in the track tab as this would seem a sensible place for it to have been put or just work through the various option screens.

·
David Jessett
255 Posts
I found these choices but couldn't seem to find the right way to set it. Our Pit Lane entry is a bit before the S/F line. A good lap time is about 6 seconds. So if I could stop pace cars changing after about 5 seconds that ought to work. Whatever settings I entered in it didn't seem to work. I am probably missing something obviosu here but would value someone telling me how to do it.

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Logically it should be Pit minimum 5.0, Pit maximum 0.0 but it might be the opposite. I guess you tried both?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi. Sorry to be a pain but my pit lane is actually directly after the start/finish so can anyone point me in the right direction for setting these parameters to stop my pace cars entering the pit. A decent lap of my track is about 8 seconds. No matter what I do they still seem to go in there. Also could anyone tell me if the standard digital pit lane includes pit sensing or do you need the pit lane game for that? I might not have my pit set up properly in the SSDC options as I am unclear about this.
Any help appreciated.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts