SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, this is a real noob question, but can someone please tell me how with SSDC you can change the actual ID of a given car without unplugging my laptop from the C7042 and plugging in the tower and using the prog function on there ?

In short, is there a car ID programming function in SSDC without having to resort to the old way of doing it with the tower plugged in.

It was very annoying when I realised that many digital cars which I've had recently on the track have all had the same id of 1...and SSDC doesn't seem to like it much when you remove the connection from the laptop and replace it without restarting the software.

I am running the 1.04 firmware and the latest SSDC available today (on trial).

Cheers

·
42 Yrs
2,230 Posts
Yeah...

I understand that you can "suspend" the connection between SSDC and the C7042 powerbase from within the software... unplugging the cable when it is live is VERY BIG NO NO...

In the manual that comes with the C7042 are instructions on how to set car ID's without the screen connected.... its right at the back...

Set Car ID (With no tower attached)

1 Place car on the track

2 Press/hold Enter - Green LED flashes

3 Push brake button (on the throttle you want to set car to) - Red & Green LED flash

Repeat process - remember only put one car on track at a time or all cars will be reset to that throttle.

·
Administrator
10,683 Posts
DON'T UNPLUG YOUR CABLE!

There is a small icon called free practise in the race set up screen, this reverts the powerbase back to the mode when it can accept direct programming as hankascorpio describes

·
Registered
224 Posts
I run SSDC v.4.6.7 and PB Pro SH v.1.7h.
Access to Database, Preferences, and Race Settings is available while practice is in session. I know car ID cannot be reset then, but it looks like the above three areas can be fiddled with.
Can I update/change input to the Database, Preferences, and Race Settings while practice is taking place on the track?

·
Greg Gaub
17,242 Posts
Bleny, it's a completely different animal when it's a C7042 APB and SSDC 5.x. For SSDC 5.x, I believe the answer is Yes, you can edit cars and drivers and races and such while practice (running the cars around for fun) is taking place.

SSDC 5.x is now compatible with the C7030 PB-Pro base, though, so if you want to try it out, you can. There are significant changes, though, so if you're not wanting any of the new features, there's no reason to explore the new version. Since it's a completely new app, pretty much, it's not a free update for those with a license for SSDC 4.x, but there is a trial period and a discount for those upgrading from 4.x to 5.x.

·
Registered
224 Posts
No plans, or reason, to go to C7042. So, I'll be staying with C7030 and SSDC v.4.6.7.
I have edited cars, drivers and race settings while two constant speed pace cars were running on the track with no problems. Will try it without pace cars during race day practice this weekend and see what happens.
Will post findings later.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Since this topic is based around setting car IDs. I thought it best to post here.

Am I correct in assuming that to setup drivers & cars for all my cars & drivers I must only create one setup per car but
I must create a library of driver setups. If this is so, is it possible to group my drivers accordingly ... as such a list can get pretty big.

Example:
CARS = Red car , Blue car, Green car, Pink car.
Drivers = Bob, Tim, Stephen, Lisa

The SETUP would be as follows;

CARS
Red car , Blue car, Green car, Pink car

Drivers
PACE CAR RED, BLUE PACE CAR , GREEN PACE CAR, PINK PACE CAR
BOB RED CAR , BOB BLUE CAR, BOB GREEN CAR, BOB PINK CAR
TIM RED CAR , TIM BLUE CAR, TIM GREEN CAR, TIM PINK CAR
STEVEN RED CAR , STEVEN BLUE CAR, STEVEN GREEN CAR, STEVEN PINK CAR
LISA RED CAR , LISA BLUE CAR, LISA GREEN CAR, LISA PINK CAR

·
Greg Gaub
17,242 Posts
I think that might be a little off topic, since it's about how to set up SSDC more than just programming the ID for a car.
However, I think your first example is the intent, but your last example is the reality.
The problem for me is that "Driver" stores braking information, while "Car" stores fuel information, but both are largely dependent on the car being driven. Unfortunately, different people like different cars to be driven differently. That means you can't just have each car programmed a specific way because Bob might not like to drive that car the same way Tim or Lisa do.
The real question is, what is the best solution for this situation? When all these differences must be accounted for in software, the solution is usually to have as many options as possible.
The good news is that these things aren't also tied to a particular car ID. This is good because in a club type setting, running a series race where each racer has their own car, there will only ever be a single driver/car combination, which then follows them around through the different Car IDs.
You could simply set up the cars as you see fit, since they're your cars, and then the drivers can have whatever they prefer for brake settings in general. For IROC racing, the point is that the cars are as similar as possible, and it's up to the driver to adjust to how it performs.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Follow-up of Post #6.
Saturday races are over and here is what I found:
Updating of Database while practice is in session works fine. However, after changes are made, and when the updated Database is saved, the practice session clock resets to zero and restarts the session. This does not affect practice in any other way.

·
Registered
224 Posts
mickman & MrF - (I may be off-topic here also)

In setting up cars/drivers/races, I try to keep it simple (... set up the cars as you see fit, since they're your cars... per MrF).

Drivers choose cars at random and take them to practice. If they don't like what they chose, they choose other cars (I have 20+). Chosen cars/drivers are set up for the first Heat Race. Any driver can choose/trade another, available, car before the next race. Race Settings are adjusted, and the second Heat Race is run, and so on for however many Heats are required (determined by number of participants). Final Race is for the winners in cars with which they won the Heat Races.

This is simple, and keeps everyone happy with their car choices without the complexity of a round-robin series.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.