SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Hoping someone can help.

A while back I got a new laptop with Windows 7, I've loaded SSD Console and no matter what I try I can't get it to accept my user iD and password.

I've swapped the SSDC software onto a number of PCs since I first bought it and never had an issue, now it's evaluation period is over and I'm stuck with no way to get it going:angry:

Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a solution that works?

I have bought and loaded SSDC V5.? but I'm not that happy with it
, I'm still using PB Pro and the 6PB C7030 and quite happy to use this combo for a while longer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Marty

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Minardi

Yes, I've had V4 for a while and swapped PCs afew times, even tried a mates ID and PW with no luck.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
edit: I've just spotted your comments in another thread which answers my questions that I typed here.

You probably have a few entries in your registry that is preventing your registration. There is a product call CCLEANER that allows you tidy things up in a safe and controlled manner, try googling it.

Also, you may like to search through the SSDC v5 thread as there are various mentions of Win 7 problems there.

Cheers - Greg

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Greg

Thanks, gave the CCleaner a try, cleaned up a lot of old stuff but no luck with V4 accepting my license details.

It has to be something to do with WIN 7, I just "borrowed" the wife's old laptop that is used as an email slave, it runs XP and whoa and behold I can install V4 and it accepts my license details perfectly.

In the meantime I'll set that up in the shed and use that, my newer laptop had HD connections to the monitor and was used for other duties, not ideal but it should ease the majority of my frustration levels for a while.

AW indicated to me once there was a way to get the licence details directly into the registry to overcome this, if anyones how to do this I'll give it a shot.

Marty

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Hi Marty,
It will involve editing your registry directly ...... not for the faint hearted because you can kill you PC. Andrew is away on jolydays so it might be best to wait until he's back.

All the best - Greg

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So much for the initial excitement, now SSDC V4 can't see PBPro, I've loaded the FTDI driver and the PitPro comes up okay and works, sounds come up on entry etc, the race options F2, F3 etc remain greyed out.

No changes to any of the cabling and PBPro was working fine on the previous laptop so I'm thinking it's a more a USB driver/port issue on the older laptop not SSDC V4.

It looks like I have no connection between the laptop and the 6PB, have forgotten something?

Any ideas?

All this used to work so well, I'm tossing up between a nice lie down or a good drink.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Feel your Pain Marty

I am currently trying to get mine up and running on a new laptop with Win 7 (curse swear spit fume etc)

annoying when people fix stuff that aint broke

I will do some reading too......

missus has given me the go ahead to come visit for a race so i will be in contact.....

Cheers Gloveman

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
QUOTE I'm tossing up between a nice lie down or a good drink.
Walk away ................ have a very good drink then the lie down will follow ........ works for me

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Greg

Finished the drink, now for a nice lie down, good advice and of course there is always another day.

Hi Paul

Good news, but I've got to get this s**t working, even thinking about pulling the C7042 out of it's box and giving that a go but I really need a working fall back first.

Marty

·
Andrew Wallace
1,100 Posts
Hi Marty - please be aware that SSDC v4 has a problem on 64bit windows 7 in that the Microsoft Access database is no longer supported by MS. Hence the switch in SSDC v5 to another database format. Which operating system do you have?
As for the key, try typing it in (its case sensitive) instead of copy and paste, just in case there are extra characters. There is no need to enter directly into the registry normally, but if you want to try:
1) open the registry editor
2) navigate to the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SSD Console
3) add a new string value to this key named "User" with a value of your license email address
4) add a new string value to this key named "License" with a value of your license key string
5) close the registry editor
Hope it helps.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Andrew

I've got Windows 7, I'll give the registry editor a go.

Will SSDC v4 still work okay under Win 7?

I'll give it a go next weekend as this is a short week and I've got travel for most of it.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks

Marty

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Andrew

Unfortunately no luck, SSDC V4 still won't work, when I start it its still is looking for my email ID & license key, which it won't accept.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit on an Acer Aspire 5742G laptop.

Any other ideas or is SSDC V4 completely non compatible with WIN 7?

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
QUOTE (awallace @ 8 Apr 2012, 23:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Marty - please be aware that SSDC v4 has a problem on 64bit windows 7 in that the Microsoft Access database is no longer supported by MS. Hence the switch in SSDC v5 to another database format.
Marty.... I think Andrew Wallace answered your question above.

Andrew.... are you saying that ANY MS Access program will not work with Windows & (64 bit) or that your 32-bit program will not work with it?

I know that they still sell Access for 64 bit machines otherwise Microsoft has killed their Office product with the release of Win 7 (64-bit).

Please clarify.
Thanks.

·
Living the Life&#33;
11,082 Posts
SSDC v5 uses the robustness of a 4GL database in the form of SQLite. The choice to move to v5 was made for me and that meant that the APB was a must have as well ...... no looking back

·
Andrew Wallace
1,100 Posts
SSDC supports the C7030 and C7042 SSD powerbases - that is as far as I intend to take it at the moment.

As for support for Win 7 - MS dropped support for the Jet database engine on 64bit. Which means that SSDC v4 should work OK on Win 7 32bit, but not 64bit. I know that MS Access continues to work, but without the Jet database engine, OLEDB and ADO (the programming libraries for databases) are useless. Hence the switch to sqlite in v5 - altogether better!

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Thanks for the explanation, Andrew.
And welcome back from your well earned vacation!

Cheers!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Andrew

Thanks, I'll stop trying to get it going on the current laptop and probably either get better aquainted with SSDC V5 or get an old PC to run SSDC V4, which I really like as it is simple and the database I used to track the car collection, so it is still a great program.

The other option is to pull the C7030 out of the shelf it's been on for the last gosh knows how long and upgrade the full bit, might star some forum research on it.

Thanks again, great to have working on this "stuff" it has made SSD life sooooooooooooo much better.

Marty

·
Prof I T
11,162 Posts
hi
older laptop with windows xp and ssdc v4 is a good plan.
Use the fastest pc you have if you want the v5 route

1 - 20 of 23 Posts