1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Was testing our Digital OVAL with SSDC V4 on a PBPRO SH 1.8
Using V4 as just want to run the same race over and over again
using same cars same ID's just a different driver but not wanting to input drivers names
as there could be lots of different drivers
so you are yellow car this race etc as driver name

Set Power levels to 50% on Powerbase run a race all fine

Run next race and Power has Reverted to 100%

So what am I missing

Michael

·
Greg Gaub
14,801 Posts
You're missing the fact that SSDC completely controls the power levels if you have any throttle curves in use.
Unless you use power based fuel simulation, power will always be set to 100% upon starting a race or resetting qualification.
What's worse is that throttle based fuel simulation means that you can't calibrate throttles, because the calibration will be overwritten by a new throttle curve when a race starts or a car changes fuel levels.

So, you have a choice:
1) Set all throttle curves to blank, close SSDC, re-configure your base power, and re-calibrate all your throttles, and THEN start up SSDC 4 again, or...
2) set up custom throttle curves that have very long flat spots at each end to ensure that all throttles get full power and responsive brakes, or...
3) deal with the inability to change power levels or have evenly calibrated throttles, and just go with the flow, making everyone have a turn at each controller so that everyone has to deal with the same differences.

SSDC 5 works differently, allowing individual control of power levels and such, but you still won't get to keep throttle calibration. APB users have real-time throttle calibration, though.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I get it now thanks MR F

I had turned off fuel simulation as I wasnt worried about having to do pitstops etc

Last time it had fuel enabled and power levels ran fine from what I remember

Michael

·
Greg Gaub
14,801 Posts
If you're using good controllers (slot.it, tru-speed), or have an especially even set of Scalextric controllers, there's really no issue.
It took me quite a bit of testing to figure out what the issue was, when I discovered that some cars were winning more races than others at my track. Turned out not to be the cars, but the controllers.
Anyway, sounds like you got it fixed, so, EXCELLENT!

Say, I don't suppose anyone has taken a video of a race on your neat SSD oval, have they? I'd love to see some racing action on that track.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts