SlotForum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Gentlemen,

Recently i got a pit-pro from our friend RikoRocket... Thanks Riko...

During some testing with v5.4.1.0 SSDC, i could not enjoy a SSDC+Pit-Pro feature,
which to me, is very very interesting ... AUTOMATIC REFUELING...

This feature apparently be available in the configuration options of the SSDC
(Tools-> Options-> Race Options-> Refuel after "x" seconds of zero throttle),
but without effect during races or practice mode.

Note: To refuel, I have to pressing the brake and change lane button together,
but i already used it before, without the Pit-Pro, making it "unnecessary."

Another "feature" that i seen described on the SSDC site support is... "Auto braking"
on Pit In... Where is this option in the settings of SSDC ? I don't go to use it,
because I prefer speed limit control... but... come on... ;-)

Here are some information about my setup:

1) Firmware 1.09 (C7042)

2) SSDC Pit-Pro sensor config: Pit Entry+ Pit Exit, Exit Before Start)

3) The SSDC detect Ok when my car enters on pit-stop (Audio Message)

Thanks for any help.

·
Andrew Wallace
1,100 Posts
It's not automatic refuelling. It is a delay, which starts when the driver stops and presses and holds the lane change button. Refuelling starts after this delay.
It is primarily there for people who don't have pit lane sensors, as it stops a press of the lane change button on the track as being interpreted as a desire to refuel.

The auto braking on pit entry is embedded in the software. There is no user selectable option. The brakes come on for 0.2 second simply to slow a car as it enters the pit lane. Without it, your car would speed into the pit lane, and you would not see the effect of the pit lane speed limit.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really ?

Input sensor plus Output sensor... and this option is "only" for a "delay" ? Come on... I'm very frustrated...

Tell me... What is the advantage of having a Pit-pro, then ? From my point of view... no ones.

How hard is to implement the "auto refueling" feature ? would make more sense based on available resources (sensors info).

Tip: After you check the pit-pro entry, while in 0 acceleration, after the delay, start refueling (this logic is not too hard).

I know that you are not responsible by the pit-pro, but would be a outrage the SSDC not seize
the informations that can be obtained through it.

You can think about it ?

I hope that yes.

Thanks.

QUOTE (awallace @ 28 Feb 2012, 16:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It's not automatic refuelling. It is a delay, which starts when the driver stops and presses and holds the lane change button. Refuelling starts after this delay.
It is primarily there for people who don't have pit lane sensors, as it stops a press of the lane change button on the track as being interpreted as a desire to refuel.

The auto braking on pit entry is embedded in the software. There is no user selectable option. The brakes come on for 0.2 second simply to slow a car as it enters the pit lane. Without it, your car would speed into the pit lane, and you would not see the effect of the pit lane speed limit.

·
Andrew Wallace
1,100 Posts
The input and output are used to determine that the car is in the pit lane. So refeulling is not allowed anywhere else on the track. SSDC also enforces the pit lane speed limit between the two sensors. SSDC also uses the pit-pro to display a start count down, fuel levels and track call lights. Yep, seems like an outrage to me to have such limited functionality

As an aside, if you want to make a suggestion for improvements, don't put it here. Use the feedback page on the SSDC website. That way, you, and everyone else can suggest and vote for all the coolest ideas.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Indeed an outrage, that you should have to be in the Pit Lane and stopped in order to refuel. I demand automatic on track refueling.

Rich

·
Andrew Wallace
1,100 Posts
Would that involve a pace car travelling in perfect syncronisation with your car, just in front of you, so that the fuel boom can be connected up, whilst travelling at 150mph? Now that sounds like a challenge!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well ... I already made the suggestion on SSDC website ...

Anyway, regardless of the votes, I believe this feature, when the pit-pro is present,
was more than required... in fact, this already implemented in other rms, like pc lap counter...
I did a brief research, and PCLC is very thorough, but it is more complicated
on the first time...the SSDC presentation is more intuitive and clean.

I hope this will be implemented soon.

thanks.

QUOTE (awallace @ 28 Feb 2012, 19:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The input and output are used to determine that the car is in the pit lane. So refeulling is not allowed anywhere else on the track. SSDC also enforces the pit lane speed limit between the two sensors. SSDC also uses the pit-pro to display a start count down, fuel levels and track call lights. Yep, seems like an outrage to me to have such limited functionality

As an aside, if you want to make a suggestion for improvements, don't put it here. Use the feedback page on the SSDC website. That way, you, and everyone else can suggest and vote for all the coolest ideas.

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
I sort of like the idea of not needing to press the button, maybe easier for kids. But that would mean you couldn't come in to the pits for a stop and go penalty as you would refuel as well and you are not supposed to??? Or am I missing something???

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
QUOTE (awallace @ 28 Feb 2012, 22:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Would that involve a pace car travelling in perfect syncronisation with your car, just in front of you, so that the fuel boom can be connected up, whilst travelling at 150mph? Now that sounds like a challenge!

SP? extending boom, electrical connection on the end, you only refuel when the circuit is made?

·
Circuit Owner
5,892 Posts
QUOTE (RikoRocket @ 28 Feb 2012, 22:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I sort of like the idea of not needing to press the button, maybe easier for kids. But that would mean you couldn't come in to the pits for a stop and go penalty as you would refuel as well and you are not supposed to??? Or am I missing something???

I wouldn't have thought the logic would be too hard to implement - if you have a stop-go penalty - once stationary in the pits you get held by the software for 10 seconds and can't refuel until the next time you enter the pits. If it happens to coincide with you running out of fuel - tough - go around again at half speed and come in again to refuel - you should have driven better!

Auto-refuelling? Well it sort of takes away the driver control - may as well get the car to drive itself - set up 6 pace cars and sit back and do nothing.

I LIKE the way you can overshoot the pits, can forget to press the refuelling button and lose valuable seconds. It's all about getting your act together and DRIVING rather than cruising around looking at the scenery not paying enough attention to the road.

However I do appreciate that it would make life easier for kids so if auto refuelling becomes an option I think a toggle to enable it and disable it would be a good thing.

But before all that - Andy - you deserve a holiday after all your hard work mate. This sort of thing can wait for a while.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Riko ...

I'd not thinking about the childrens, but this feature actually would make the life of all of us more easy ;-)

Differentiate on Pit Lane, refueling or some Penalty is too easy, think about... Before your enter on
Pit Lane, your car probably already was flagged about warning, so... I believe that this could be
easily computed by the RMS... The treatment would be different on pit lane, allowing or not,
automatic refueling.

I downloaded and did a test with PCLC (Demo)... Auto refueling is amazing... But PCLC
interface and configuration options are very confused... I prefer SSDC interface.

About "Mr Modifier" comments...

Well... Who refuels the cars on the pit stop (real racing) is not the pilot, but the "boxe assistants",
So... i do not understand the reason that i have to keep pressing a miserable button if exists
resources (sensores) to make this process automatic...
I just have to stop the car in the right place ;-)

PS.: I think that is interesting keep the action buttons (brake+lc) to keep the compatibility
with the setups that do not have the Pit-Pro ... But we can't limit ourselves only to that.

·
Greg Gaub
14,668 Posts
If implemented, refueling automatically after coming to a stop IN the pit lane seems like something that would make the most sense to be optional. Some will like it, some will not.
I also like the idea of a computer controlled lockout during a penalty period, so that it's not possible to short shrift the penalty or ignore it. I don't see why someone couldn't choose to refuel in the same pit stop AFTER the penalty is served, though, and that can be automated as well. Stop > Forced Penalty > Refueling begins > drive away when you are satisfied with the level of fuel.
Other things have a higher priority for me at the moment, but I will happily move my votes to that suggestion down the road.
Speaking of which, if anyone voted for things a long time ago, but haven't gone back for a while, it would be great if you could go check your available votes on the SSDC Suggestions list. You might have some votes that were released when a feature was added that you can now use to vote for other features.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
QUOTE (MrFlippant @ 29 Feb 2012, 02:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Speaking of which, if anyone voted for things a long time ago, but haven't gone back for a while, it would be great if you could go check your available votes on the SSDC Suggestions list. You might have some votes that were released when a feature was added that you can now use to vote for other features.

Or take the Russian approach to voting
... they don't play cricket

·
Registered
985 Posts
Must admit auto re-fueling has no interest to me. I believe as a scaley driver you should take on pit crew and driver roles. Mind you I find it difficult being the crew trying to update myself on fuel loads, fuel consumption and trafic situations while driving. Need billy no mates to come and read the dials for me ;-). Keep up the great work Andy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Gentlemen,

I think there are people who are reluctant because they have not understood the proposal ...

In fact, automatic refueling would not change anything in the strategy of the game, everything would continue
the "same" thing, except that would not have to keep pressing a button to refueling, while I was inside the boxes...

Allow refuel or not when stopped within the pit will depend of the rms software (processing of events),
after all, it is a "racing management system", right ?

Like MrFlippant said, I think it would not be difficult to put an option in SSDC settings to enable or disable
this feature for the more conservative people (or when pit-pro is not present on track layout), after all,
each ones has own preference, I just do not see any sense in doing something (keep pressing the button)
it is not necessary, with means for do it automatic.

Mr. UshCha... After all, what's the advantage on keep pressing a button for refueling on pit lane ?

On the "logic" presented, if you press the throttle after started of refueling, this interrupted the process,
so, you can refueling exactly what you need according to your game strategy.

PS: At no time i said that Mr. Andy did a bad job or that I do not like of the SSDC software...
I just think we should be aligned with the cool things that already exist.

Thanks.

·
Circuit Owner
5,892 Posts
QUOTE (MrFlippant @ 29 Feb 2012, 01:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I don't see why someone couldn't choose to refuel in the same pit stop AFTER the penalty is served, though, and that can be automated as well. Stop > Forced Penalty > Refueling begins > drive away when you are satisfied with the level of fuel.

Hi Mr Flippant. I understand your argument but if you look at racing - a stop-go penalty is not just 10 seconds - it is the time it takes to enter the pits, travel down the pit lane at pit lane speed and then exit the pits. In F1 a 10 second penalty actually costs around 20-30 seconds by the time the car rejoins the race at full speed. By allowing a refuel immediately after a penalty you would gain the benefit of not having the pit entry and pit exit delays associated with everybody else's refuelling and therefore reduce the effect of the penalty. This is why in F1 they have to take the penalty then leave the pits and come back in for fuel next time around. It is also why they are given a few laps in which to choose when to serve the penalty - just in case they need to come in for fuel first and then go round again for the penalty.

Just my opinion

QUOTE (wbrione @ 29 Feb 2012, 08:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Gentlemen,

I think there are people who are reluctant because they have not understood the proposal ...

Not at all - I understand perfectly.

I LIKE pressing the button and watching the fuel gauge go up - it adds to my race experience. Some comments from others seem to support this. I have also said I like the idea of auto refuelling but only if it is an option I can choose to use or not. I'm not reluctant at all - just stating a considered preference.

I believe I am entitled to an opinion and I am more than happy to recognise that others have different opinions. In this case there is a solution that could allow everybody to have what they want. By all means suggest ideas - it's what keeps this forum alive but don't expect everybody to agree with you. I am a little confused why you do not appear to be happy with the option of a toggle that offers both solutions.

I'm with UshCha on taking on both driver and crew roles

·
Living the Life&#33;
11,082 Posts
then cast your vote(s) for it .......... and if enough people agree with you them it just might make it into SSDC.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mr Modifier,

you do not understand my point of view, perhaps because of my English assisted by Google Translator... Sorry.

In short, if we can't take all advantage of the resources that we have within Didital Scope,
I think it's a waste of time and money, and all of us have to back to analog tracks ;-)

Why a lot of sensors, softwares and computers ? if people like you, say that pushing a button
(in my point of view, "unnecessarily") adds some racing experience...

Well... I believe that Andy is reading the comments, and as a good programmer who is,
I believe that he actually has a different opnion, because, like me, he is a fan of technology...

What really missing for him to transform the SSDC to the RMS definitive solution,
it is TIME (maybe money), because the talent and resources (data) to do this
he already has.

Thanks for all comments.

·
Greg Gaub
14,668 Posts
The important point here is not which is better or more accurate, but that it can be made OPTIONAL so that each person can have things work the way THEY each like and prefer.
Wbrione can have automatic fueling when in the pits, and UshCha can hold the button.
I can serve a penalty and refuel right away without running another lap, and MrModifier can run extra laps in between.
As we all know, precisely representing real 1:1 racing is impossible if only due to the scale of things. Some people like different levels of perceived realism. Why not give everyone the option of doing it the way they like?
Why is it that every discussion like this turns into "no, I don't like that, so don't put it in" and "I like it, so everyone else should too" rather than, "make it optional, and everyone can have it their own way." ??

·
Living the Life&#33;
11,082 Posts
then cast your vote(s) for it .......... and if enough people agree with you then it just might make it into SSDC.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.