SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Greg Gaub
17,538 Posts
First off, magless needs traction. Sand and oil the tires if they're old and hard. That will make the biggest difference. Then you can play with SMALL amounts of weight, usually starting at the back to add traction.

For throttle curves, you want more low end control for magless or fast motors, like a slot.it or F1 car. Always let the cars go full speed, for those long straights, but try to put as much low to mid control as you can.
For magnet and/or stock motors (18k rpm), you can go with a moderate min speed so that you're not wasting trigger motion on just getting the car to move, but you'll still want some control for cornering, and a burst at the end for the straights.

That said, for every car, there's a person who likes it to drive differently. Your best bet is to try some big changes and see how they feel, then narrow things down to the perfect setting as you work at it. It won't be long before you'll be able to go in and tweak the throttle intuitively for almost any car you can hold in your hand and look closely at.

I'm sorry that I can't offer actual settings to try. I haven't used SSDC 5 enough to have those controls memorized, and my track computer is not currently hooked up for me to test with. The manual for SSDC 5 hasn't been updated to include the throttle curve stuff for me to refer to, but I have a feeling someone will be in shortly to offer up some settings to try for various cars.

· Greg Gaub
17,538 Posts
Without SSDC, the curve should be pretty much linear.
I'd have to play with SSDC again to remember if the mid-point should go up or down for magless racing.
Hopefully someone who's been playing with them recently can chime in and offer more help than my measly attempt so far.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.