Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was racing for the first time with my new APB connected to the pc and running SSDC, and it was Very cool! We were racing 4 cars, but some times it was like SSDC was counting wrong laps… I don't know if it was just something we felt? Has anyone tried this?

Another question is the gab between the cars, sometimes it said that ie. No 1 had driven 25 laps and no 2 had also driven 25 laps but was 25 sec after despite a lap was 9 sec?

Sometimes when vi ended a heat it said that the gab between no 1 and no 2 was 0.000 even though they didn't cross the finish line at the same time?

Have I done something wrong or is SSDC no that accurate as I thought?

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
have you updated the firmware of your C7042(apb) to the latest version,it is available from the ssdc website.

The pre-loaded firmware is liable to missing laps and this has been well documented on here when the pb was released to the public some 12 months ago.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes i did the firmware update and it said ok ind the program bur where an you se if it is updated?

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
easy way to check is to plug in the tower and when you boot up it will show you wich firware version you have installed.

·
Andrew Wallace
1,100 Posts
Make sure that you have v1.06 firmware and also that the minimum lap time for cars is not set higher than your fastest lap time, otherwise a lap could be ignored. Also, is the powerbase after a corner? If the cars don't go straight over the powerbase it could also miss a lap.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok i'll tru to connect the the tower...

The pb is just after the pitout, maybe that is the problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts