SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Anyone else here collect Stabocar?

I just sort of figured out why it is impossible to get a complete collection, lets for example examine the ferrari GT

P1010886 by StaboCar, on Flickr

Well, it comes in blue, dark blue, orange, red. Then it has sometimes mirrors, some do not. Some are with milky glass no driver, others are as in the picture. Then it comes with chrome, grey and black bumpers/mirrors etc, and there are several different types of chassis.
So that's 4*2*2*3*2 = 96 possible variations for 1 model. Now I'm not sure if all combinations are original.

Long story short, I managed to complete 1 orange ferrari GT today, with grey plastic and mirrors. The other 8 i have all don't make a complete match.

So actually writing this is more blowing of some steam.
I also have 6 Lotus 48 grey blue, none of them have an exhaust

P1010801 by StaboCar, on Flickr

I never knew collecting could be such a frustrating hobby :)

·
redstar
1,601 Posts
Hi,yes you are right about Stabo,there are many variations. I collect them,you can see a few on my website bernardsslotcarmuseum.com .They are very sturdy cars,the 1/24th scale are very nice & unusual.The Lotus 48 was also made by Ites. Bernard

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
I`ve got a few Stabos.
& because of the lack of parts I think it`s best to go for complete models.
Cheers
Kev.
Latest one I got was the F2 Brabham.

·
Peter Rondel
6,022 Posts
Most missed part is that rear wing. I have some old F1. And street cars like that ferrari, porsche and maserati. Must have sold teh mercedes coupe but the nice cars they made always make. Me happy.
Check out Fleishman F1 too. Look pretty much the same in size and do look cool!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi FZSSemans,

The top car, lotus kit, is actually in a good condition.

Buying the cars complete would probably be wiser, I agree, but I'm more the type to assemble nice cars from a few bad ones. I just didn't know Stabo was that hard to do. Car in the picture is really really nice. I'm still looking for such a spoiler :)

I know the fleischmann F1 cars, maserati cooper and ferreri F1, have all 4 of them. They are indeed nice, but I'm not sure after which original cars they were modelled?

Next on the list is a Stabo Ferrari F1 kit set, I have 4 and I think all parts to make 1 or 2 really nice ones. The remaining two will go on ebay.

Eric

·
Peter Rondel
6,022 Posts
Ifyoucheck onebay, start with ebay.de. They pop up much gaster and thats because lots say they dont want to send them outside germany, but 1 mail andtheychange their minds.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Hello,
I think you should enjoy the collection that you, not that you lack.

Rüdiger Marx wrote a book about Stabo precisely that in my opinion is the best book in that slot cataloging and statistical variations.
Not all the variants that you say are possible.

You can buy it directly Rüdiger Marx, is worthwhile because in this way you can sign or if you want to spend.

Stabo, Katalog der für Sammler
Rüdiger Marx

http://www.stabocar.de/
[email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts