SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Wouldnt it be a good idea if all tracks used the same lane colours, I would propose that for 6 lane tracks these would be from lane 1red 2yellow 3blue 4white 5brown 6green, (I dont own this and had it explained to me thus), for colour blind peolpe each light colour is interdispersed with a dark one, if lane 1 is always red then the others will follow tracks running from right to left and lane 1 being closest to you. for 4 lanes using the same process 1red 2yellow 3brown 4green, colour blind people suffer from red blue or yellow green deficiency, and the above would help/solve the marshelling problems for them, and would help orientation for all vistors to new tracks.
These are just suggestions to check the reactions, but might lead to the above.
Please let me know how you feel.
Zen

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
I don't think people are going to change their track lane paints just for that one colour blind person.

Most tracks are in this order anyway.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
The international standard for 8 lane tracks is
lane 1 Black
lane 2 Purple
lane 3 Yellow
lane 4 Blue
lane 5 Orange
lane 6 Green
lane 7 White
lane 8 Red
Using the colours rather than the numbers is normal, but occasionally the numbers are used.
The major pro builders all use this standard. Lane stickers for this standard are readily available from slot racing suppliers worldwide, they are arranged on sheets with the the lane colours in the right order for the standard lane change sequence.

For 6 lane tracks, it is quite common to use 3 through 8, (They use the standard sticker sheets, and have loads of spare black and purple stickers)

·
Registered
290 Posts
QUOTE (300SLR @ 15 Jun 2012, 11:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>For 6 lane tracks, it is quite common to use 3 through 8, (They use the standard sticker sheets, and have loads of spare black and purple stickers)

And every one of those extra Purple and Black stickers ended plastered all over my racing box for years.

·
John Roche
4,181 Posts
All purple and black stickers gratefully received at Rockingham, green too

Cheers

John

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
QUOTE Solutions without problems are an even worse time-steal than problems without solutions.

Sounds nice, but the problem was there at Oaklands when we had a colour-blind member and went RWBY accordingly.

Coop

1 - 9 of 9 Posts