SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts

Inside the Peugeot 309 GTi 16V (Richard Burns / Lombard RAC Rally 1992)

Press release from Stark-Slot:

We want to inform about the birth of a new brand of SLOT, unconventional, enter this sector after much
experience with different brands and sectors.

We are born with a clear idea of trying to reinvent the concept of collecting & hobby, and try to market
the large models forgotten trademarks in this sector, models for their low profitability have not had or will
have a place in the market, but our idea is to get those cars with those who dreamed of young or adult,
and always wanted to see film in our tracks, can be affordable for everyone.

We will focus on select models, not produced by any brand to the public, or because of their exorbitant
price have not reached the general market.

Try to make and market a series of models over each year, expanding our catalog as quickly as possible,
each reference made, will have a maximum run of 300 units, made of different materials, using resin,
plastic and even metal, but the difference and will be looking in the price, all our models will be born with
a fixed price below 50 €, and the commitment not to republish any discontinued model, or make any
special or limited edition version, which can confuse the customer end.

All this without reducing quality, it will be very high and sure to satisfy the demands of end customers.
We want customers to be lead to choose most of the references that are manufactured, so that through
our website and Facebook, have communication methods and surveys, where end users decide which
models are produced, since the main idea is that all cars have always wanted to have.

'll Start with 4 references, the next few months, but we will be adding more almost every month, the first
two models will be the Peugeot 309 GTi 16V (Richard Burns / Lombard RAC Rally 1992) and the Renault
Clio Maxi (Jean Ragnotti / Monte Carlo 1995), 300 units each.

Soon we will send you pictures of the models and their presentation.

Indicate that our sales policy is peculiar, because only you can purchase our products through our
website, thus keeping prices contained as possible.

You can find more information on our website: www.stark-slot.com
Stark-slot's manufacturing is in Spain and Portugal. The company is run and financed by a diverse group of enthusiasts from France, Spain and Italy. We wish them well with their venture and look forward to seeing their cars.

·
Mark R-E
2,471 Posts
Lets wish them success.

Interesting choice for a first release. A shame that nothing appears on the website as an inkling of what is in the offing.

I wonder if it will be FWD...

I remember doing the review of the SCX DS21 that powersliding a DS around just looked oh so wrong.

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Interesting and different choice of their first cars - will be very interested to see photos and place an order.

Good luck, but you probably needed to sort the web site out first before issueing a press release - photos are key - even prototypes.

Gareth

·
Registered
85 Posts
QUOTE (Doug @ 16 Aug 2012, 06:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You can find more information on our website: www.stark-slot.com

Please, please... ask for a professional translator - or at least some native-speaking enthousiast - to make the translation, and DO NOT use some kind of Google-Translate-rubbish to make the job!

The French translation is awfully ridiculous... "Voiture fente"... Do you REALLY mean that?...
A "fan" is not a "ventilateur" !?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Maybe not so good news?
Do we really need yet another slot car maker?
The slot cake is only so big, and on the back of the Euroland downturn, just who will buy all of the offerings currently available?
Maybe Europe will have to sell the over supply to China...21st Centuary 'Coal to Newcastle'!!
Regards Bill.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I've got a list of about a dozen rally cars that have never been produced as 1/32 slot cars. If this new producer comes up with any of them, and their quality seems to be reasonable I'll willingly hand over my money.

IMHO it's not about too many manufacturers trying to grab a slice of the cake (usually by dishing-up umpteen different liveries on the same body), more about being able to get the cars I want.

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
I think these are good news for us. In the last year very few new releases of rally cars in the reasonable price range have come out and
several very interesting rally releases in the unreasonable price range (150 Euros) have crept out.

If they can pull off "small" productions (300 units) at the price of 50 Euros and do iconic cars that can't sell at the high numbers of big manufacturers,
then it will be fantastic. I think it is possible to sell 300 if they make clear that no more than 300 will be made. In fact, this business model if possible is
a step in the right direction.

PS. For me it is essential that the cars run well out of the box (here I mean that they can keep up with an SCX car) and that the bodies are not too heavy and can
resist the usual beating.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Gareth.
Substtitute 'need' for 'want'!
A business plan based on spotting a few cars not done by one of the, now multitude, of existing makers, being bought by a few Slot Addicts (maybe) has no long term future. Even the 'Big' players who have recently entered the market, making the models we all (apparently) wanted, have come unstuck...anyone for a brand new Autoart for a fiver...anyone?
The market is at saturation point, next stop for all the unsold stock..Ebay!
That will drive prices lower and dealers and makers out of business.
Don't worry though, always look on the bright side, I am sure we will be announcing another 'New' Slot maker to a great fanfare very soon!
Regards Bill.

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Bill,

You are right to some degree. The appearance of another large scale manufacturer doing the same cars as the others would be potentially bad.

On the other hand, for us the aficionados, if a company finds a method to produce good cars (here I mean, they look good to excellent and run
like an SCX) at the price of 50 Euros and only needs to sell 300 units to make it profitable, then this is heaven. There are many cars that 300
of us willing to buy but a 1000 aren't. In fact, I think if this business model is possible, then it will survive in the long run and is well suited to many of us.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Rally,
I agree.
If a small maker can produce quality models at 50.00 euro...great!
That would be a lot less than most of the 'Big' makes are selling for here on 'Treasure Island' otherwise known as UK.
Regards Bill.

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
IMO not a great way to launch a new product and company, poor press release, no picS of any sort and a web site with no info. I just wonder where they learnt about business.
The cars announced are interesting for sure, but the poor launch is a worry,when we see much more professional companies in trouble .

·
Damien Straw
562 Posts
I'd have to agree. I was excited to go the the site and then completely disappointed when there was no mention of what they intended to release. It seems like they have the survey there on the home page so they can see what answers they get before committing to any models. As well as that it'd be good to know something technical regarding the cars like what motors an running gear they will have.

Cheers,
Damo.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
QUOTE (rallyP @ 17 Aug 2012, 00:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>PS. For me it is essential that the cars run well out of the box (here I mean that they can keep up with an SCX car) and that the bodies are not too heavy and can
resist the usual beating.

Oh dear! I would like this one?

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
What a load of miserable depressing cynical repsonses!

And the elitist language reactions are awful. You lot must be snobs who can't speak any language apart from your own. Shame on you.

Take an old Fly model like the short tail Ferrari 512 Berlinetta and make it better for under 50 EURO. Not even Racer can do that. If you can do that then all the sad numpties who have posted negative responses will have to eat their own negativity.

But forget the rally models. Not enough people will buy them.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
QUOTE (Screwneck @ 18 Aug 2012, 00:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>But forget the rally models. Not enough people will buy them.

Yes but how many want a short tailed 512

They are in Spain where maybe rallying is bigger? Ninco makes Raid cars they seem quite popular.

·
Jim Moyes
5,068 Posts
Well I hope they succeed with their venture. Cars that haven't been done before at the price they suggest seems too good to be true. And you know what they say about things that seem too good to be true.....

And I'd much rather have a rally car that's never been produced before than several of the "talent-bypass" brands all bringing out the same model because it happens to be the lowest, widest car that can be modelled.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
great! theres a lot of new manufactures, bring em on. i read about another new manufacturer thats releasing the first model in october. their going to start with all the 1970,s F1,s. i think its called mss or something like that. i read it in slot car news. john

1 - 20 of 56 Posts