SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts

I see that the latest Starsky & Hutch set is now available.

Unfortunatly it's Bash 'n' Crash. I dread to imagine the smashed up Toino and C3 Vette at the crossroads. Sure in the TV series there were quite a few 'hairy' moments.

For the latest film, several replicas were commissioned for action scenes while an authentic 1976 limited-production Starsky & Hutch model was used for closeups.

Now we just need Huggy Bear's Lincoln. "It's a '76. Won't be out 'til next year. But I know some people that know some people that robbed some people".

If you would like to win a Torino, there is still a day or two left in the competition. The prize is on it's way from Scalextric headquarters so go for it!

Thanks GetSlotted for the photo.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
its an unfortunate pairing of cars since the corvette is so much faster than the torino. I am sure it will sell well, but my guess is a lot of kids will get annoyed at the un-even-ness of the racing and move on to other toys. A shame, 'cos both are fun to drive in their own right, they are just not even slightly matched.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
It just models real life then apparently, judging by the posts on SF by our friends across the pond regarding the low power V8 engines in the Gran Torino

You could always drop a V12 in it!

Mark.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I agree that the Torino's performance models what I have heard about the real thing - floor the throttle on a straight and you get a nice wheelspin before it picks up; on corners, the back end swings out wildly, and when it deslots, it does so at right angles without rolling - blocking the road for oncoming crooks - perfect!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Who said the "Starsky and Hutch" set was about racing an evenly matched pair of cars?

Astro sums up the game plan perfectly.

Let the baddy think he has won and then just swing out that tail!

Or better still knock him off the track.

Isn't this the type of competitive experiance purchasers of this set are more than likely going to want?

Those sort of skills and the timing are far harder to aquire than the act of racing a car around a track. Every home racer has a solid understanding of what is required. Thinking about it these 2 cars are the ideal pairing for digital lane switching circuits!

And just hang on to those "S & H SPORT Sets" because in the years to come there will not be too many Torino or Vette cars left in one piece.

Moped

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
If u want the torino you have 4 options:

The crash & bash set - saw it in a shop for £100 today, with torino, vette and track etc.

Torino & vette collectors edition - sport versions of the 2 cars, no track, £60 (also in the shops)

Torino standard version, no track, no vette, crystal case, that was there too but I didn't see the price.

fourth option - win the SF competition for it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts