SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Guys,

Just picked up a 'once used' Starsky & Hutch sport set from a mate, who's had it in his loft for the last 8 yrs.

The cars are imaculate (obviously), I haven't got them on the boys track yet, I just wondered if they are very collectable and should avoid them being thrashed by a 3yr old?

What do you think?

Thanks

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm not a fan of this set, but anyway they look in mint condition, I would get another pair for your 3 years old...but that's just me

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Hi WBC,

I do not believe that the cars are particularly valuable but I would suggest purchasing a couple of impact resistant cars (the ones with blacked out windows) for your 3 year old to trash. Keep the S&H cars for a more controlled chase on the track.

Cheers,
Philip

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Nice photos.
However, that`s not the proper Starskey & Hutch set. In the set your No.57 car would have in fact been a black road car version.
Cheers,
Kev

·
Administrator
10,133 Posts
They are so valuable that I gave mine away for free.... I was so fed up having bought the collectable sport set when I saw them devalue to next to nothing I couldn't stand the sight of them so gave them (mint) to a friend on the understanding that he thrash the things to death...

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
On the basis that these are loose, used cars from the S&H set incl track etc, then I would say:

The red corvette goes for very little (£10), and as above is not the original set car anyway.
I have a boxed unused 'sport' version I can't sell for £20...
The S&H Torino might get you £20.

The collectors boxed set of the 2 cars in unused condition might go for £50-£75, and the Torino boxed mint might get £25-50:

both cars unboxed

both cars box set

S&H set

Having said that:

Hmmm...

Cheers,
Richard

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks Guys,

I did ask if they were collectable as opposed to valuable, I do consider those two as different things!!

Kev, not sure I understand the comment, that`s not the proper Starskey & Hutch set. In the set your No.57 car would have in fact been a black road car version, its part of the boxed set, all looks legit. The controllers are still boxed, etc, etc. Were there different sets?

Richard, the S&H set you've linked to isn't packed like the one I have, it has a laptimer etc in the box????

EDIT:

Just been out to car (its in the boot) to take a couple of snaps (excuse the quality). Box has a black car on the front, really confused!!!

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
As I stated above, your set should have included had the black road car(pictured on your box artwork).

Cheers
Kev

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
I would think so.
Still a nice set. & your version is a nicer car! Enjoy it.
Is it valuable? No.
Collectable? that`s up to you.
Value doesn`t come into it then. If you want to keep them for Sunday best. Great!
Cheers
Kev

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
I think there was also a Marks & Spencers exclusive set... maybe it was slightly different from the Widely available one?
Cheers,
Richard

ps, Collectable is a tricky one... I'd say anything is collectable if you have the inclination!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys.

It has lap counter. If its not collectible (its not to me) then I'll just let the boy enjoy!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts