SlotForum banner
241 - 259 of 259 Posts

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,629 Posts
Really fabulous layout Randy, great overall vision an great details.

Not seen Steve yet !

Leo

·
Registered
649 Posts
earing up scenery to do a "remodel". OK. I need a place to plant my 2 new buildings. I designed them to fit in one particular spot, I did so, however, after I had already finished the scenery in that section. No worries, that's what a utility knife & putty knife are for.

I wanted to plant these 2 buildings to the left of the large tan building in this first photo. To do so though, I'd need to get rid of the sculptamold and grass in that section.

k4ICu4w.jpg

I carefully measured, cut the edges with the utility knife, and then pried out the grass section with the putty knife. It came out in one clean piece, because I do all of my scenery sections on sheets of cardboard.

b5lF4D6.jpg

I cleaned up the mess with shop vac....

G06hqfY.jpg

And then plunked the 2 new facades in place. They are held in place by 2 small drywall screws so that they can be removed for maintenance and cleaning.

FfE5UYk.jpg

I still need to add straw bales/figures etc but you get the gist of how the new facades look.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
earing up scenery to do a "remodel". OK. I need a place to plant my 2 new buildings. I designed them to fit in one particular spot, I did so, however, after I had already finished the scenery in that section. No worries, that's what a utility knife & putty knife are for.

I wanted to plant these 2 buildings to the left of the large tan building in this first photo. To do so though, I'd need to get rid of the sculptamold and grass in that section.

k4ICu4w.jpg

I carefully measured, cut the edges with the utility knife, and then pried out the grass section with the putty knife. It came out in one clean piece, because I do all of my scenery sections on sheets of cardboard.

b5lF4D6.jpg

I cleaned up the mess with shop vac....

G06hqfY.jpg

And then plunked the 2 new facades in place. They are held in place by 2 small drywall screws so that they can be removed for maintenance and cleaning.

FfE5UYk.jpg

I still need to add straw bales/figures etc but you get the gist of how the new facades look.
Lovely buildings! And they look practical as they are slim, so I guess they dont use to much space.

Cheers

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #253 ·
I made a Coca Cola billboard for the circuit. While they did have some of the "classic" Coke logo billboards, in 1970 this more plain version was also seen at the track. I used styrene to create it, spray painted it white, and then aged it a bit using flat tan & primer gray. These are both just sitting here loose yet, I need to trim the bottoms to fit the terrain & glue them in place.

AMPh34K.jpg

isHuq04.jpg

·
Registered
883 Posts
My favourite coca cola ad at Le Mans is from 1969,on the inside of the track just after the signalling pits at Mulsanne.
Illustration of a classic coke bottle at about 60 degrees, with the strap line Coca Cola deseltre le mieux, so period France.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #257 ·
Hi David. Thanks for asking. Not much new, in fact, the layout is covered with a plastic tarp for the moment, as I have just been too busy w/work to play with it. That said, it's still pristine & is awaiting my return soon! :)

Randy

241 - 259 of 259 Posts