SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some help so I can help someone sell this track. I bought some cars from her that were posted on Market Place and I went to pick them up as I am semi local to her. When I got there she told me the story of how her 81 year old husband had passed away 3 years ago and these were his cars. She said that he had a track that she needs to sell as well, but she has no idea what it is worth.

As a wood track guy I have no idea either, but she was super nice to deal with and I would like to help her out. Do any of you have some idea of what she should ask for this track?

Thanks in advance.

Field house Race track Wood Urban design Flooring
Textile Swimming pool Flooring Floor Art
Green Water Urban design Circuit component Table
Green Toy Urban design Indoor games and sports Creative arts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
I am looking for some help so I can help someone sell this track. I bought some cars from her that were posted on Market Place and I went to pick them up as I am semi local to her. When I got there she told me the story of how her 81 year old husband had passed away 3 years ago and these were his cars. She said that he had a track that she needs to sell as well, but she has no idea what it is worth.

As a wood track guy I have no idea either, but she was super nice to deal with and I would like to help her out. Do any of you have some idea of what she should ask for this track?

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 292219 View attachment 292220 View attachment 292221 View attachment 292222
If I’m not wrong, that’s a lot of Scx (Spanish) classic track with some Scalextric (UK) sections, track alone (without table)must be around 3-5 USD each track section, with standard (R2) corners being the cheapest and R1,R3,R4 the more expensive ones, also special tracks like Crossover, Corner Crossover, Chicane, Snow Curve, Lemans Pitlane, etc have more value.
Borders most be around 1USD each and same for guardrails . Of course an offer buying the whole track as it is could be bigger/smaller, depending on the buyers interests.
It’s an old track but seems in good shape and there are lots of people out there that have a great love and loyalty for the brand, even knowing that nowdays there are better options, I think the best is to sell the whole track as it is(with or without table) , cause otherwise she will end up with lots of R2 curves, another option is to sell no less than two R2 curves with another track section to ensure that the R2 curves are gone.
In my personal experience R1 and R4 corners and their respective borders are highly apreciated, as well as the Lemans pitlane and the Chicane with tires.

Hope this helps and congrats on the uninterested help you give to the lady of a former colleague(RIP)👍🏼
Cheers

Reactions: peregrine

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that info I will pass it along to her and see if I can help find her a buyer when she decides what to ask for it.

As for the blue and purple controllers, they were Parma handles and they were done by someone else they did a nice job using the Parma handles.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's interesting. I looked at them just enough to see the little wires and small plug on the end. Never even thought to look at what resistors were in them. I'm not much of a 1/32 scale guy and really don't know much of anything about them. I thought I would give them another go as I do have friends that are into them.

I'll see if she is interested in trying to sell the 2 Parma's separate. If she is I will seek advice as to what she may expect based on what I can find out about the resistors that are in them.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
A basic Parma controller is often the first controller someone may use/buy for racing at club level (I still have mine although I've not used it in over 13 years) and I suspect many racers also use them on a home circuit instead of standard set controllers. I know that the higher the resistor rating, the more expensive they are to buy brand new.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So as already stated I know nothing about Scaletrix track and little about plastic track in general. Would you guys kindly review the pictures and give an opinion if this track lot is worth $300. or if that would be out of line. I plan to list it in the for sale section and feel like it would make someone a good track for that price. Now that I am knee deep in this I have better pictures. I also worked hard to fit it all in one box to help save on shipping.

So this is it... 98 sections of track. 79 sections of apron. 64 Pieces of guard rail. 40 Tall risers and 96 short. 4 Power packs and 3 controllers. All as seen in the pictures.
Textile Swimming pool Flooring Floor Art
Wood Material property Gas Font Metal
Product Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Chair
Textile Wood Font Material property Handwriting
Table Rectangle Wood Material property Tablecloth
Textile Handwriting Rectangle Wood Pink
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Hood Automotive exterior
Hand tool Tool Bumper Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Hood Yellow Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive tire
Shipping box Rectangle Font Material property Gas

·
Greg Gaub
16,603 Posts
Maybe? My main issue with that is that it's Scalextric Classic track. It has some good things, like a texture that helps with non-mag racing, but it has a lot of bad as well, such as the notoriously shallow slot, and poor connectivity between track pieces at the joins. Coupled with the likelihood of bent track and bumpy surface, you may just be asking for a bunch of headaches. I also wouldn't want to convert it to digital, if that ever became a goal. If so, I'd avoid it.

If you're buying used, look for NINCO track, or Scalextric Sport, or even Carrera.

·
Greg Gaub
16,603 Posts
Ah. I think $300 is a reasonable asking price, though for the reasons I mentioned, won't be highly prized by those in the hobby. Ideally, you should include a couple cars, so that someone looking through whatever marketplace you list it on (FB marketplace, for example) will see it as a turnkey entry into the hobby and get way more than just an oval or figure 8 as from a typical set.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can do that. I bought 27 cars from her with the intention of only keeping 2. The Gulf set is how I got into this whole mess to begin with. I'm keeping them, but everything else is up for grabs and they are all as clean as this pair.

Car Vehicle Hood Tire Motor vehicle

·
Administrator
10,494 Posts
As MrFlippant says, the track itself is questionable value. Sell all the track with a couple of standard controllers and some good looking cars, plus all the barriers and you may get someone who wants a good start to slot racing. I would sell the parma throttles separately - they can make good money, its hard to find them over here for less than £30 each. I would sell the kerbs separately, they will fit the latest scalextric track and those white and red SCX ones are clean and desirable. Possibly worth more than the track in total? £10 for 4, even if you sold them for half that it will be a lot of dosh.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts