SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been talking to GRAH1 as he was on his way to Argos (Chorley). He'd reserved yet another Carrera Le Mans figure 8 set

The unbelieveable news, people is the price. The entire Le Mans set - figure 8 track, Bentley and Audi cars etc. is now on sale for ...£17.99

18 quid is less than the price of your average slot car!!

So any Carrera Evo Bentleys and Audis on e-bay are now worth TTOFA (two-tenths of ..you know the rest!)

In shock!
Mark.

·
Registered
60 Posts
just ordered another one thanks Graham.
now have three sets think Graham has now got shares in carrera cheers mark

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Hey Sprint!

for that price you would be well advised to ask in the swap shop if someone in the UK would buy you a set or two, remove the transformers etc and send it over..still a GREAT saving methinks...

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Funny how the word 'Free' has been used and interpreted in recent years. 'Almost Free' is a classic too.

For those interested in this deal, look on the Argus website and do a quick search for Carrera.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well I've just got mine

It was the last one from Stevenage store.
I then got the lady to check all the other stores in the region and basically nowhere in Hertfordshire or Bedfordshire have got any of them left.
I've set it up in my lounge and me and my dad are playing with the less than inspiring figure of 8. But the cars are a very nice addition.

Thanks alot,this has made my day.

·
Registered
300 Posts
me and two people have work have just reserved sets (pick them up tomorrow) from the Weybridge branches - they got some more apparantly !

Chris

·
DT
5,195 Posts
QUOTE (bobothebear80 @ 8 Apr 2004, 20:17)...
I've set it up in my lounge and me and my dad are playing with the less than inspiring figure of 8. ...
You just need another set or two, check out these plans and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This is fantastic news.

I have just reserved a couple of sets, but are the cars the proper things or are they a cheap version of the real Carrera cars? A quick reply to this one would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well mine look fairly impressive. The detail is good and they have a switch on the bottom to change the polarity. They are the only Carrera cars I have so cant compare them to anything.
They don't seem a cheap option like some of the Scalextric set cars can be.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
mmore - there won't be any difference between these set cars and the normal crystal case Carrera cars.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for that Bobothebear.

Does any one know if the Bentley has the latest chassis or the earlier ones?

I believe the latest one has twin magnets as one of it's features.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts