Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts
So I'm playing around on the track...

- trying to burn some rubber

- and I lift the rear of my Fly Marcos (a great car), rev it up, and drop it down to see what happens.

Don't try this at home folks - although I'm sure that you have.

- I hear a crunch and open up to see that I've stripped 3 teeth of the plastic crown gear

Most depressing

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Ah.. s**t!

as you ahve found out, the Fly veriety of gears is not too strong, the recommended cause of action now is to open the email editor and start an email to Pendle slot saying, please may I have a slot it 27 tooth gear please.

many thanks
Nuro

Rob.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
LOL!!! I think he is right!

Time these companies fitted decent gears in the first place - it isn't
good enough.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Tropi - BANG on! even the fly racer suffers from a weak crown and my viper used to be reknown for throwing a tantrum when it was on the ragged edge!

Rob.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not knocking Fly - I admit that I was fooling about...

Are these Slot.it gears available in bulk? Do they fit the standard Fly pinion?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I have nitemares with the kids cars at the club...it all starts with the drive shaft bearing popping up and then the gears are stripped in seconds. then as with Nuro during marshaling they keep their fingers on the trigger and "race over!"

If looking for a cheap fix it I replace with black Scalex gears in a jiffy but yes Slot it have the quality and smoothness

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
dont know about bulk they are £3.85 a peice, expensive we know and you will need an allen key to slip them on and tighten them up, I suggest the Facom Wrench at £4.50. I'm sure Sean would give you discount if you order a few.

there is 24, 26, 27, 28 and 30 tooth crowns avaliable all colour co-ordinated

yes they are compatable with fly pinions, however if the pinion is not perfect the gear will get chewed up, and thats never good news, I can now suggest picking up a bag of assorted inline pinions at £3 I think.

Rob.

·
Registered
752 Posts
QUOTE So I'm playing around on the track...

- trying to burn some rubber

- and I lift the rear of my Fly Marcos (a great car), rev it up, and drop it down to see what happens.

Don't try this at home folks - although I'm sure that you have.

- I hear a crunch and open up to see that I've stripped 3 teeth of the plastic crown gear

Which is reminiscent of the Doctor, Doctor joke -

"Doctor, Doctor, it hurts when I do this"

The reply?

"Well, stop doing THAT then!"

-Rob

·
Registered
263 Posts
I can't believe fly release cars with 26000 rpm motors and a plastic crown gear and metal pinion. I currently have a Viper, Corvette out of action and a BMW on the way!!
Now, can you guys help me?

Will the 27 tooth gear be the same as the stock crown? ( I need to keep the gearing stock)

Can I fit it to the stock axle?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts