SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
9,909 Posts
We do, we do!

There was even some doubt years ago as to whether this set had even been produced, but I saw one a dozen years ago in Bordeaux, a lucky flea market find by a very young racer (no, he didn't want to sell it...). It didn't have the original cars, but there it was in the flesh!

Was it an oval layout Bernard? or a Figure 8?

Don

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
In fact I have one of those sets in excellent condition (minus the missing box top) for sale right now. They are not that rare but of course much less common than the standard 2-lane job. The box top is a very good picture of the cockpit of a 1960 Cooper-Climax "Low-Line" complete down to that little gauge under the dash, that is the oil pressure gauge for the gearbox oil pump system.
Interesting to see that the cars shown at left have been painted and decorated, something unusual for a factory packaging display...

·
Registered
942 Posts
I agree Philippe.

The website VSRN-online did a good study on this rare decision to made a circuit with 3 lanes, like Bernard, I know no any more cases in the slot of time.
http://www.vsrnonline.com/Library/Strombec...ne/STROM3Ln.htm

As you can see in the link, the amazing 3-lane track is officially released in spring of 1965 and it seems that was not well received by the public, so that already in Inside Track of July-August appears as promotion and offers balance ( as Phantoms formula racers ) and in 1966 removed from any official catalog.

I will tomorrow scan the general catalog´65 in a better,
´cause I must sleep now

·
Registered
942 Posts
and this is the scan of catalog´65, as I promised yesterday

the 3 cars with Strombecker open standart motor ( Igarashi ) are :

( s4.evo1 ) Cooper Climax Indianapolis´61 ( white or green british race )
( s5.evo1 ) A.J. Watson " offy " Indianapolis´61 ( white or green british race )
( s12.evo0 ) BRM F.1´62 ( red italian race or green british race )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts