SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys...

I'm really into touring cars... and I love the ETCC's brought out by Fly (I have three beemers)... and I bought a few weeks ago a SCX ETCC Toledo to compete with the beemers.

Now the problem is... the cars are quite equal to corner with... But the SCX loses very much on the straight...

So I think my problem will be solved by replacing the SCX with a stonger motor.
The Fly ETCC's are equipped with the "Fly Racing" motor (the blue plastic thingie aroud the motor says so)

So... can you give me a motor that will performe like the FLy Raving motor but has the same dimensions as the SCX engine.

Thanks in advance

Gunther

·
Registered
549 Posts
Try the Cartrix range, they do various ones at various speeds. See listings on Gaugemaster Website for full details, but if you look under part numbers CTX1172-1178 you should find what you need. They are listed under the Spares category.

Aaron

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts
QUOTE (JEXY1 @ 6 May 2004, 10:18)Or you could try the SCX turbo motor
Yeah! Know all about those, don't you?

TDi, have you tried adjusting the magnet on the Seat to let it go a bit faster on the straight?

Incidentally, I asked Jexy about UK availability of the Seat at the club the other night, and he was fairly sure that it was intended as a Spain only release, but then I saw it on the new arrivals at Sean's site. When I excitedly clicked on the listing, I was taken to the general SCX inventory, but no sign of the Seat! Sean??

Mr.M

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Might be a bit confused (normally am).

The New Seat Leons and Cordoba are Spain only (several liveries with Scalextric written on them).

The Seat Arbarth 'Tissot' is being released as SCX and should be here for June/July.

Gareth

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts
QUOTE (JEXY1 @ 6 May 2004, 10:58)Might be a bit confused (normally am).

The New Seat Leons and Cordoba are Spain only (several liveries with Scalextric written on them).

The Seat Arbarth 'Tissot' is being released as SCX and should be here for June/July.
Point 1. That's OK Gareth, we can wait till this afternoon when you won't be confused!

Point2. Nobody mentioned Leons or Cordobas, we're on about the Toledo. Do try to keep up!

Point 3. Thank heavens for that!

Mr.M

·
Registered
376 Posts
Gunther

You could also give the Slot-it 29k motor a try..... Pendle has them that have a adapter for the SCX chassis..... i have them in several of my SCX cars and they work great.....

Chris

·
Matt Tucker
3,550 Posts
Hang on a bit and do a bit of tuning. The motor SCX needs lots of bedding down - if you don't run your motors in then you'll find after a good few hours of racing the motor will give you more rpm. Also the SCX motors have lots of oomph and thus they can easily pull along a gear ratio that gives them more top speed. I usually just pop on a slot-it 10 tooth pinion changing the gear ratio from 3:1 to 2.7:1 and that gives more top speed without compromising braking/acceleration too much. Also make sure the gear mesh is smooth as possible - the slot-it pinion meshes nicley with the scx crownwheel as long as the crown is wobble free.

Put the magnet further up in the body or flip the magnet over which helps straight line speed.

Doing these (and other tweaks (all with stock parts) (have to wait till June Tuckers Tips)) I can hustle my SCX Astra (without a magnet) round my current layout in 8.6 seconds which compares to 10.4 seconds for the challenger (in slow mode (it has not made it round in fast mode yet!).

Matt

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I had a look around for information on the Reprotec Nitro but didn't find much.
What I did find was a reference that the Cartrix Model 1172 is the same motor, developing 30,000 rpm.
This sounds 'interesting'!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts