Racer Ferrari 250LM

LMM Renault

Kind regards

Russell

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Given Maurizio Ferrari's love of Le Mans cars, I'm guessing that the Sauber-Mercedes C9 is the 1989 Le Mans winning car. So now we need the Porsche 962C, Jaguar XJR-9, Nissan R89C...

Did the Sauber C9 ever race against the Porsche 956?

Kind regards,

Russell

·
Registered
186 Posts
The MRRC porsche looks wonderful- a step beyond the celica.

OTOH, I hate to say it, but something looks very wrong with the R390- the cabin looks way too far back- or it might be too much front overhang...

this is the tamiya model, so secondary evidence.

the sauber looks great- and that's on the shopping list. anything else group C they decide to do, i'll be getting, assuming it's up to the standard of the 956. (Jag!)

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
Without wishing to open another can of worms that is the Fly Daytona thread!!! Fly's Porsche 906 looks spot on to me in that prototype photo. I can't wait for it as it's one of my all time favourite cars and I've had all sorts of trouble trying to find colour reference pictures of it for the different liveries it ran in.

David

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Yes, Matchbox did a kit in 1/32 scale of that car.

It's the 935 from 1976.

The red stripe on the front spoiler is way too thick !

Revell is bringing a detailed kit of that one too (Jägermeister livery).

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
QUOTE (Rokkoko666 @ 8 Feb 2004, 11:23 PM)From which year is the Carrera Porsche 935 Jagermeister Limited Edition (25777)? This one is a later car than the MRRC?
The Carrera Porsche 935 feature the 1977 body. The limited set includes the works Martini livery.

The Jägermeister livery was never raced on a 1977 body. There was a Jägermeister 935 racing in 1977 but it was a 1976 body. It's the car done by MRRC.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
The Le Mans 1979 winner is a 935 K3. SCX did that car some years ago but of course it is quite poor in terms of today's standards.

The 935 K3 was built by Kremer and appeared in 1979. There are so many liveries to be done that I don't understand why FLY don't make it ...

The second place car at Le Mans 1979 (Dick Barbour's car also driven by Paul Newman and Rolf Stommelen) was a 1976 Porsche 935.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.