SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi SSD folks,
I'm sure this is really obvious, and you'll all be sitting there pulling politically incorrect faces at me as you read this, but I can't find a specific answer so I'll risk humiliation and ask it...

When I ID a car to ID1(or ID2, ID3, etc) on my powerbase, will it be ID1 on all powerbases, or just mine? So if I take the car to someone else's track, will it still be ID1 on their track too?

Also if I ID a car on a 4 car or old 6 car powerbase, will it be the same ID on any other type, including the C7042 APB?

And finally, when I remove a chip from a car that is eg ID1, will any car I put that chip in automatically be ID1 without me having to do anything to it?

I'm now under the table hiding...
Cheers,
Richard

·
Andrew Wallace
1,100 Posts
Yes, when you ID a car, regardless of which powerbase you use, that car will keep that ID regardless of which powerbase you use it with.

You can come out from under the table now

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,279 Posts
Presumably, if you try and use two cars previously ID'd as ID1 on their home tracks, you will get some sort of buzzing error when you hit the throttle?

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
yes id 6 cars to id 1 or any other for that matter and you will have control of all six.

·
Greg Gaub
14,653 Posts
And if a chip gets zapped or something, it will default to ID1. In rare cases, the ID can shift to something else entirely, though. This is one of the problems that the MIH InCar-Pro firmware update fixes.

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Chaps. It kind of makes sense, but I wasn't sure. I suppose this is why people talk about keeping their old 4car powerbase for IDing cars then?
Cheers,
Richard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts