SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone familiar with the strange phenomenon that when I drive with a c-chip over an LC (In this case Carrera) the car sometimes goes into pit mode.
Heb je vanavond dezelfde auto op de baan bij de club gereden en activeerde de enkele magneet in deze baan (finish) ook de pitland-modus 1 x van de 30 ronden?
what could cause this, the hall sensor is in the same place as the other Ninco Pajero's

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
drive the same car on the track at the club tonight and did the single magnet in this track (finish) also activate the pitland mode 1 x out of 30 laps?

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Hello Henry
Normally pitlane mode is triggered when the hall sensor detects two magnets within a short distance. The solenoids that operate LC’s also contain magnets. Looks like your hall sensor might be a bit on the sensitive side.
If you have no problems with lap counting, try mounting the hall sensor a bit higher ( by adding some doubble sided tape underneath)

with kind regards
Tamar

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello Henry
Normally pitlane mode is triggered when the hall sensor detects two magnets within a short distance. The solenoids that operate LC’s also contain magnets. Looks like your hall sensor might be a bit on the sensitive side.
If you have no problems with lap counting, try mounting the hall sensor a bit higher ( by adding some doubble sided tape underneath)

with kind regards
Tamar
that's a good one tamar, I suspected it had to do with the motors of the lc, but how to get around this not, I'm going to test this, in pc lapcounter you can set pit speed back to 100%... since this rally track has no pit...but I prefer a better solution. Tamar thank you

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
hi Henri
Yes I have had this experience with several C chips. I think the hall sensors on this chips is too sensitive.
After I replaced the hall sensor strip with a new one the problem has gone.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
A bit off an afterthought for this topic...but Henri did you try switching the hall sensor over to the other side of the chassis?
An other afterthought is that I can't think of an LC that has two solenoids as close together so they would mimic the double row of magnets needed to activate the Pit mode.
So I'm suspecting that you have an LC with a solenoid in your track combined with a interruption of the track braids (and as such track power). This is the only way I can think of how your hall sensor could register a single solenoid magnet..twice.
Just a thought

With kind regards
Tamar

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Grunz and Tamar, at the moment I am building the last car of the 6, to have a competition next month...if you want, you can participate Tamar. (around the corner from Slipstream) after this I'm going to test the problem car with the tips from all of you.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ik controleerde na de installatie van de Hall-sensor, maakte hem minder gevoelig, "na 10 minuten rijden geen "pitlane call" meer", maar nu geeft hij af en toe de "beste rondetijd". , aangezien ik heel langzaam rijd ...Ik ga kijken of ik de Hall-sensor kan vervangen.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Hello Henri
Thanks for the invite, much appreciated and accepted. Let me know when you guys will race again, its been a long while since I had the opportunity to kick up some dust on a slot track ;)

BTW I've got some spare Hall sensor (Flat Cable) that I ordered to possibly convert into light cables. No need for that anymore with the SP44 light kits, so will bring them with me.
And if you can't wait..both Klaas & Jaqueline have them in stock.

Last tip on the pit mode/ fastest lap errors. Try lowering the min laptime in the RMS

With kind regards
Tamar

·
Registered
51 Posts
[QUOTE = "Slot.it, publicación: 2484366, miembro: 297"]
Sí, por favor. Agregue una pequeña descripción para que sepamos que proviene de usted y de lo que contiene.
[/ CITA]
ayer me empezó a dar problemas un chip C que compré en julio de este año.
Cuando el coche está fuera de control, pierde la señal.
el problema está en el chip ya que probé con otros controles.

Cambié la antena y parece que alcanza un poco más de distancia pero no lo suficiente como para no perder señal.

También tengo un sensor de pasillo defectuoso de otro chip C que también compré en julio.

¿Qué solución tengo para todo esto?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts