Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
You will see I am new to this and indeed this is my very first post.
I have been a fan of 'slot cars' for years and last year built up a circuit and had a large group of friends over, to race on my 'Le Mans' circuit. Unfortunately, I cannot keep any layout built for more than a month as it is in space used for other things (Home recording studio!)
This year, I would like to use some of my 4x4 and off road cars on a safari style circuit.
I plan 2 lanes but I am not sure about cutting my own track. I have loads of scalextric track both sport and analogue and have six car digital, but I would be happy just to build a 2 lane track with appropriate Dakar scenery.
I have seen a thread on here about a safari track, which looks superb, but I am not sure the best materials to cut a track on, and if, for example, you could cut tighter turns than radius 2 track, and still have most cars be able to use it.
i also planned on using sand as a scenery, but wonder if there may be a better and potentially less damaging substance to get that "sprayed up dirt "effect on corners.
I would be pleased to get any advice from all you experts out there.
Many thanks
Don

·
Registered
84 Posts
For dirt on the side of the road, you can use glued down sawdust. I think it was used on this great track as well;
Dakar track

If you really want something spectacular, you can use cocoa on your track. It will be a nightmare to clean, but it's the best rally driving you can get with a slotcar as you can see in this video

I also like the Ninco raid dunes in my rally and raid tracks, you can connect these to scaley track with converters.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks folks
I will now try to find the 'Raid' forum, but enjoyed the link to the dakar layout.
I am still not sure whether to cut a track or use track I have, but will hopefully make a good enough job to post some photos.
Cheers
Don

1 - 4 of 4 Posts