Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thx for the further pictures Swiss!
And you brought one important message within you post - there is a chance to stay where we are - even if there will be a significant raise in the lease!

Therefore we've the demand to earn some money - maybe with a 24h-race in summer? As we have 2 suitable tracks there might be 8 teams? Driving with the same car and setup on Suzuka and Mugello will be the biggest challange you've ever had!!!

Anyone interested in such an event?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...good call! Then I'll sit together with Swiss and discuss what we might do to prevent a boring summer 2005

·
Jim Moyes
4,998 Posts
That's great news guys!

Anything that will help ensure the future of Swiss Race Bahn has to be worth being involved with!

Mr.M

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thx for showing your support Mr.M ! Then we have at least 1 team from UK? The birthday-bunch

Critical thing to define is the date for the event - any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Can I register now? Where do I send the $?
Cannot wait to meet the Brits again (and beat all of them this time;) and see all of you Egg people!
Great to know you do not have to move!!!
Late June could be a possibility?
Best regards
Edo
PS: personally I found that the past SF Birthday meeting was ideal as we got to race several classes of cars for 2 days but any way you choose to do count me in, please.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Summer Race Event is a great idea! We need to make sure it does not clash with some UK events I am (are we not all?) commited to for SlotForum or myself so let me look into some timing.

Also there is ONE huge thing here....

QUOTE We are pretty sure of the future of SRB now so maybe this will become the next project

I hope this isn't misleading but it is not 100% sure yet, just alot closer than it was. A little explanation...

When we opened Swiss Race Bahn, it was on a 1 year lease on the room we have from a Company who already had a 5 year contract (running out this April) on the whole building (twice the size of our area).
The owner wants ideally to rent the whole lot again but this is a) way too big and
way too expensive to justify.

Until the last week or so we were on our way out as the total area was to be rented on another 5 year contract. This again fell through and without another interested party the owner has found someone for the front area only meaning we can stay.

This will involve a price hike and at least a 3 year contract, which are also big factors but fingers crossed we are getting towards a solution.

I would like to keep the idea of a Summer Event going but do not want to commit until we have signed or moved. So any other interest parties want to speak up here? If only to get a good idea of numbers and interests so we can tailor it to impress everyone.
I would go for a series of Endurance races as opposed to one all encompassing 24 Hour Event.

UK Events I am attending include the NSCC Event and Goodwood Festival of Speed, which remionds me! Are we doing the Fos mob handed? an Official SlotForum get together with maybe a portable Digital track for those quieter moments?

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
QUOTE UK Events I am attending include the NSCC Event and Goodwood Festival of Speed, which remionds me! Are we doing the Fos mob handed? an Official SlotForum get together with maybe a portable Digital track for those quieter moments?

After last years Revival I suggested it would be great to have slot meet on the Friday or Saturday evening either nearby (at a local club) or in a temporary track-in-a-tent type thing, again nearby. Of course, easy to say, hard to organise.

As for FoS I'll be there in a work capacity, but that doesn't stop me playing with slot cars. A coupe of years ago Hornby had a huge marquee with lots of room that would have been ideal for an evning do. Sadly, I think it was a once off thing as they had the regular roadshow unit there last year.

None of the above is very concrete, so let me say, yes, I'd love to come to an Egg event (any format, but I agree with Edo last year was great so maybe just a bit more formal racing) and I'd be up for at least getting together at Goodwood.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Anyone with interest in and /or ideas for Goodwood this year (FoS OR Revival) and a SlotForum get together there should feel free to post here.
Also anyone up for a trip into darkest Toblerone Country should declare their interests here.

For those who haven't got a clue what I am ranting about, this was started to prevent another post hijack HERE

·
Jim Moyes
4,998 Posts
The Liphook and Bolwextric tracks are both about a half hour drive from Goodwood, so would probably be the best off-site venues. Bolwextric being six lane would suit a larger group. I can check availability of Friday or Saturday night (or both
) for the running of a Goodwood inspired event.

Let's see what response there is!

As for timing of the Egg bash, at the moment I can only think of Goodwood Revival and the much awaited NSCC 25th anniversary event as a no-no! And possibly Liphook NSCC swappie as it's on my patch!

Mr.M

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
What about the NSCC Event and finals? not going?

A Club close by for an evening bash sounds excellent and I haven't been to 'Bowel Electric' yet so....

50 bucks gets me to name the person who called it that last year.

·
Jim Moyes
4,998 Posts
Oh yeah! I'd better edit before Jexy sees that!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Scott. Tentage and a portable track would not be a problem as we have an 11 metre by 6 metre marquee and 4 smaller 9 x 6 m marquees too. We could fit a number of portable tracks in, lets say Matts' Rally, Nic Picots and one other.Just thinking out loud but it could be made into an impressive display/event.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
The Goodwood Festival of Speed has been moved to the 24th,25th and 26th June 2005. Because of the original date in July clashing with the British Grand Prix. i will be there on the GT probably on the Saturday GT40 Enthusaists Club stand. Look us up!

Regards Allan

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
What I would like for the Egg Boring Summer comp:

4 hour Endurance (with Slot.it Porsches?) on Suzuka
Vintage F1 Scalex ( Maser and Vanwall, maybe Cartrix Merc with NC1 mot?) on Mugello
Open Category on Suzuka
Ninco Classic on Mugello
Le Mans 70's (Fly?) on either one
Just a thought.
Best regards
Edo

PS may I dare to propose also:
Vintage pre1968 (Thingies allowed if above 50 and below 14 years old only
on Suzuka
No? You don't like the idea?
OK OK just kidding...

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Me too! actually that is a good starting point.

I have two 'thingies' now Edo (both Gar Vic as I spoke with you about), purchased JUST to keep you company on your trips over here. One Toby fell in love with after seeing your post (thanks alot mate!)

Slot.It Porsche 956/962 Endurance TEAM Event ?
50 minutes per lane with 10 min pause between each. Teams random selected from attendees on the day SRB will supply the cars. Possibly 25 mins per lane with two rounds - one in the opposite direction?

I will also try to get a Drag track with timing and everything to go outside if anyone is interested - Open 1/32 scale class build what you want.

If we can find a date that falls over the second weekend of any month (and people arrive at the latest by the Friday afternoon) I might even be able to arrange a special Slot Race night out at a guest track.

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
I would love to enter the Revival weekend meeting but not the Egg or FoS.

David

1 - 20 of 26 Posts