SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on from success of our first meeting last week, it seems there is plenty of interest to organise some racing in here in Dorset.
Classes seemed to be be OK and I hear on the Jungle drums, cars are being purchased and prepared fror next race on 10th May. So will stick with;

Main Race - Slot It Group C
Eligible cars are Porsche 956/962, Lancia LC2, Mazda 787b, Nissan 89C, Toyota 86C, Sauber Mercedes C9, and Jaguar XJR 9/10/12 variants.
Modifications, rear tyres changed to Slot It Silicon SIOT1167S2, and braids. Everything else to remain std, strictly no Lexan interiors, upgaded motors or motor pod changes. Intention is to keep things simple, affordable and close racing. Cars that fail scrutineering will of course be crushed in keeping with DVLA rules on road tax.

Support Race - DTM
Eligible Cars
Carrera Audi A4/A5, BMW M3/M4, Mercedes AMG C Class.
Scalextric Mercedes Class, BMW M3, Vauxhaul Vectra.
SCX Mercedes C Class, Audi A5, BMW M3.
As above rear tyres only, otherwise box std.
(Please post here if I have missed any cars off)

So nothing new there, but what I propose is a 9 race series with best 8 results to count
Dates below. Points to be awarded 6,4,3,2 with one point also awarded for fastest lap in each heat.
Main race 15 laps, support race 10 lap sprint

Proposed dates are;
Heat 1 Tuesday 10th May 2022
Heat 2 Tuesday 24th May 2022
Heat 3 Tuesday 14th May 2022
Heat 4 Tuesday 28th May 2022
Heat 5 Tuesday 5th July 2022
Heat 6 Tuesday 19th July 2022
Heat 7 Tuesday 2nd August 2022
Heat 8 Tuesday 15th August 2022
Heat 9 Tuesday 30th August 2022

Racing weekly not currently possible due to work commitments, but will review after August

Any thoughts ? Please post here, previous posts brought PMs, emails, texts FB messages and Mrs A has been bemused to see me glued to the phone and tablet like a teenager for the last week.

Steve

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for anyone without a Slot it Group C, upgraded Hornby Group C cars are also eligible.
Aloy wheels, Slot It running gear (keep the 9/28 ratio), equivalent to std Slot It Group C. Max 23,000rom motor.
Eligable cars would be Hornby
PORSCHE 962
MERCEDES SAUBER C9
JAGUAR XJR 9
As before there will be loan cars available for those that need them, but quality cannot be guaranteed.
Steve

Registered
I went away from the first night thinking that the next proposed meeting would be on the 3rd. Now I find that it's going to be on the 10th and that is the only Tuesday for the forseeable future that I cannot make. :mad: I'm good for all the rest though. I'll just have to spend the extra time polishing my brand new Carrera Audi DTM... ;)

Oh, and is the "crushing" just for the first offence?

Cheers
Alan.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Alan,
Will be driving the boat on 3rd May so it didnt work, counting 8 rounds from 9 should allow for a no show.
Track open for practice/testing this Thursday 13:30 to 17:30, if you want to give the new Audi a run.
As for failing scrutineering, yes I'm afraid penalties do start to get serious after the first offence.
Steve

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Feedback from the youngsters on Faceache suggests counting 6 results from 9 to allow for evenings when you cant make it, WI meetings and the like.
Any thoughts?
inclined to go with 7 from 9 as cowards way out, compromise.
Seem reasonable?
Steve

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome,
loads of good stuff on here, but dont tell the others the bit about crushing cars that fail scrutineering. Hoping that bit will come as a suprise.
Hope to see you Thursday?

Registered
Following on from success of our first meeting last week, it seems there is plenty of interest to organise some racing in here in Dorset.
Classes seemed to be be OK and I hear on the Jungle drums, cars are being purchased and prepared fror next race on 10th May. So will stick with;

Main Race - Slot It Group C
Eligible cars are Porsche 956/962, Lancia LC2, Mazda 787b, Nissan 89C, Toyota 86C, Sauber Mercedes C9, and Jaguar XJR 9/10/12 variants.
Modifications, rear tyres changed to Slot It Silicon SIOT1167S2, and braids. Everything else to remain std, strictly no Lexan interiors, upgaded motors or motor pod changes. Intention is to keep things simple, affordable and close racing. Cars that fail scrutineering will of course be crushed in keeping with DVLA rules on road tax.

Support Race - DTM
Eligible Cars
Carrera Audi A4/A5, BMW M3/M4, Mercedes AMG C Class.
Scalextric Mercedes Class, BMW M3, Vauxhaul Vectra.
SCX Mercedes C Class, Audi A5, BMW M3.
As above rear tyres only, otherwise box std.
(Please post here if I have missed any cars off)

So nothing new there, but what I propose is a 9 race series with best 8 results to count
Dates below. Points to be awarded 6,4,3,2 with one point also awarded for fastest lap in each heat.
Main race 15 laps, support race 10 lap sprint

Proposed dates are;
Heat 1 Tuesday 10th May 2022
Heat 2 Tuesday 24th May 2022
Heat 3 Tuesday 14th May 2022
Heat 4 Tuesday 28th May 2022
Heat 5 Tuesday 5th July 2022
Heat 6 Tuesday 19th July 2022
Heat 7 Tuesday 2nd August 2022
Heat 8 Tuesday 15th August 2022
Heat 9 Tuesday 30th August 2022

Racing weekly not currently possible due to work commitments, but will review after August

Any thoughts ? Please post here, previous posts brought PMs, emails, texts FB messages and Mrs A has been bemused to see me glued to the phone and tablet like a teenager for the last week.

Steve
I have the SCX v8 astra coupe dtm will that be OK

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SCX Astra is good for DTM class, only changes we are permitting is swapping rear tyres to Slot It Silicons.
But the track has decent long straight. Experience from Viking Club showed SCX handled well but lacked top end speed. The RX moters dont rev very high, but do have lots of torque so they allowed pinion to be changed fro 9 tooth to 10 or 11. This would be OK for SCX cars if you want to upgrade or just run as std.
Look forward to seeing you on Tuesday
BR
Steve

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tom, has agreed to drive the wobbly Scalextric DTM mercedes to give us all a chance.
Potentially big turn out tonight, so off to tidy up the mess in the shed, but if possible please avoid bringing big pit boxes, or leave them in the car as space may be a bit tight. Looking forward to some close racing...
Steve

1 - 20 of 38 Posts