SlotForum banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
馃
OK you have convinced me, it's back in the box.
Simon did suggest Ian might run one, and the spats can catch on the track joints with spectacular results. I suggested that he should remove the spats and widen the rear track slightly as part of the BOP to keep up with the Lancias and 962s.
In the interest of fair play (and to avoid jt being crushed!) I will find something else to run.
Ian is OK to run as above.
Now, Mazda 787 or Toyota?

Registered
馃
OK you have convinced me, it's back in the box.
Simon did suggest Ian might run one, and the spats can catch on the track joints with spectacular results. I suggested that he should remove the spats and widen the rear track slightly as part of the BOP to keep up with the Lancias and 962s.
In the interest of fair play (and to avoid jt being crushed!) I will find something else to run.
Ian is OK to run as above.
Now, Mazda 787 or Toyota?
Now I feel really bad! As Gongoozler says... run it!

Promish not to tut too often...

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Worked 00:30 to 07:00 this morning, so had to keep busy on the boat. Might be bit jaded tonight, but the times are something to aim for. Every expectation that they will need updating after tonight?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #53 · (Edited)
WK2 Slot It Group C Report
Firstly my IT skills have again let me down, loads of data loaded onto nice Xcel spreadsheets, but currently unable to upload them onto the forum. Saved as PDF but still no good. All bright ideas welcome........
As for the Racing, Work on the Armco at the end of the Mulsanne left the track very dirty so it was cleaned with kitchen wipes prior to the meeting. Practice showed grip was slow to return so Lap records seemed unlikely to be troubled during the evening. Green lane ( outside lane through Porsche Curves) particularly appeared to have suffered causing good few deslots exiting the tight RH corner prior to straight under the bridge.
Tim changed his trusty Silent 787 for an equally smooth and Silent Silk Cut XJR 9, and it won race 1 despite Simon's Lancia LC2 being 4 tenths quicker, when it stayed on.
Johno had a mare in green, losing out to the old Man who came 3rd in Red.
The meeting came alive in race 2, with Tug taking 4 tenths off the blue lane lap record with an 8.411s fastest lap and a race win showing real intent for the night.
Race 3 also saw Johno post an 8.510s lap in Blue lane, Alan a good second place, but my lack of warm up laps proved a disaster, the XJR 9 wouldn't awake from its slumber and was painfully slow, third. Phil fell foul of the Green lane evils to come fourth.
Race 4 saw the XJR finally wake up after 15 sleepy laps, race win in green with 8.204s, it seemed previous runners had done to work cleaning the lane. very satisfying as it was 1/1000th inside Tom's outright Group C record for green at 8.205s. (he will be back!). Simons LC2 continued to be quick but not yet translated to race results coming in third behind Lee in Blue.
Phil took a comfortable win in heat 5 from Tim, Simon and Ruben.
Heat six eventually went my way after a good battle with Tug who posted a new fastest lap in White at 8.298s, nearly half a second inside the previous best from last week.
Don't recall heats 7,8,9. in fact if you have bothered to read this far, you may by now realise that I make it all up anyway.
Race 9 was taken by Tug with new fastest lap on red lane, good battle for second between Alan and Phil with Phil eventually coming out on top.
Race 10 went my way, and nicked another out right lap record in White off Tom by a tenth at 7.899s Tug second and Johno third with new record lap in red at 8.257s.
Track had cleaned up nicely by the final race with lap times falling on all 4 lanes. so looked good for the DTM.
C final consisted of Simon, Ruben, Wayne and Alan. With Ruben taking victory to join Lee, Phil and Tim in the B final. Good race between Lee and Phil, but it was eventually Lee that emerged to win taking a place in the A final. Tim and Ruben appeared fraction off the pace despite being experienced racers, cant help thinking Tyres played a big part in this and set of slot it silicones might have closed the gap, a lot.
So the good news, RMS functioned as it should this week, grids were mixed up with proper random mix. perception initially was that green lane was almost undriveable. but it did provide a win and 2 second places. not a statistician, but looking at the colours there is some bias to Blue, then White, red and green last. Middle lanes being favoured but all four lanes capable of delivering a win. lap times continue to tumble as everyone learns the track, noticeably more so for those who raced both week One and Two. Simon and Alan both had quick cars and set some good laps but didn't yet translate that into results ( both missed Wk1). Johno, Tim, Lee and Phil all benefitted from more consistent drives having attended both weeks. Mrs A asked if we have a " Man of the Match", think she meant " Driver of the Day". Not something I had considered really, but if we did, it would have to be Tug for lap records and results.
If there is anyone I haven't insulted, please let me know, and will ensure you get double next time.

points were;

Steve 24
Tug 22
Johno 19
Tim 16
Lee 16
Phil 16
Alan 14
Simon 14
Ruben 11
Wayne 8

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #56 · (Edited)
WK 2 Support Race DTM
Try to keep this one brief,
Bit of a cock up on the programming front again, this time failed to load 10 laps so the support races were all 15 laps carried over from the Main Group C races.
Simon and Wayne had to get away beaten by the clock, leaving Johno Driving for BMW (Carrera M4), Lee and Myself with Carrera AMG Mercedes, team Audi remaining strong with Alan and Phil driving the superb looking RS5s and Tug with the Matt Black "Stealth" A4. Opel/Vauxhall were represented by Tim with SCX Astra, and Ruben driving the Scalextric Vectra that had performed well for Tom the previous week. so real good mix with no duplications. Again Mix 1 on the Slotmaster RMS worked OK with apparently "Random " grids
Having Missed out on the fun last week, Alan decided to throw away a clear win in race 4, binning it literally on the last corner. it was so "last week" and not at all appropriate for WK2, come on Alan try to be more original please. the pain was slightly embellished further when it became clear that the red plastic bit on the back straight was in fact one of the winglets off the Castrol Audi. he took it really well. His race craft did come to the fore in the last race however, keeping clear of the first corner lunacy, he established a good lead by lap 2 posting a 9.031s lap. given a clear run to the line some would have been tempted to go for the sub 9s lap. but he kept it shiny side up to take the win. this approach helped him to handy 22 points and second overall at the end of the heats. his "team mate", Phil took 3 second places and a third to bag 16 and (for two races) held fastest ever lap in Red lane for his Audi RS5. this was cruelly taken away by Alan who also ended the night with lap records in Blue and Green lanes. Johno had a good outing ending up third overall finally keeping the BMW in the Slot to get the finishes he came so close to in Group C. Having awarded Tug Driver of the Day in last post, the Black Audi A4 never quite found its mojo in the heats, 6th place and 11 points. saving fuel? sure it went better last week or is everyone else catching up?
Lee got a "Straight Flush" a first second ,third and fourth Place. No Comment, he got enough **** in last weeks report.
Ruben was showing the Vectra too much respect, but did bring it back with Spoiler and Wing Mirrors still attached, cheers mate. and Tim.... No Dancing, No Outbursts maybe he needs that like John McEnrowe used to? Last place ? again tyres ?

This weeks points;

Steve 25
Alan 22
Johno 20
Phil 16
Lee 15
Tug 11
Ruben 11
Tim 8

Attachments

Registered
WK 2 Support Race DTM
Try to keep this one brief,
Bit of a cock up on the programming front again, this time failed to load 10 laps so the support races were all 15 laps carried over from the Main Group C races.
Simon and Wayne had to get away beaten by the clock, leaving Johno Driving for BMW (Carrera M4), Lee and Myself with Carrera AMG Mercedes, team Audi remaining strong with Alan and Phil driving the superb looking RS5s and Tug with the Matt Black "Stealth" A4. Opel/Vauxhall were represented by Tim with SCX Astra, and Ruben driving the Scalextric Vectra that had performed well for Tom the previous week. so real good mix with no duplications. Again Mix 1 on the Slotmaster RMS worked OK with apparently "Random " grids
Having Missed out on the fun last week, Alan decided to throw away a clear win in race 4, binning it literally on the last corner. it was so "last week" and not at all appropriate for WK2, come on Alan
try to be more original please. the pain was slightly embellished further when it became clear that the red plastic bit on the back straight was in fact one of the winglets off the Castrol Audi. he took it really well. His race craft did come to the fore in the last race however, keeping clear of the first corner lunacy, he established a good lead by lap 2 posting a 9.031s lap. given a clear run to the line some would have been tempted to go for the sub 9s lap. but he kept it shiny side up to take the win. this approach helped him to handy 22 points and second overall at the end of the heats. his "team mate", Phil took 3 second places and a third to bag 16 and (for two races) held fastest ever lap in Red lane for his Audi RS5. this was cruelly taken away by Alan who also ended the night with lap records in Blue and Green lanes. Johno had a good outing ending up third overall finally keeping the BMW in the Slot to get the finishes he came so close to in Group C. Having awarded Tug Driver of the Day in last post, the Black Audi A4 never quite found its mojo in the heats, 6th place and 11 points. saving fuel? sure it went better last week or is everyone else catching up?
Lee got a "Straight Flush" a first second ,third and fourth Place. No Comment, he got enough **** in last weeks report.
Ruben was showing the Vectra too much respect, but did bring it back with Spoiler and Wing Mirrors still attached, cheers mate. and Tim.... No Dancing, No Outbursts maybe he needs that like John McEnrowe used to? Last place ? again tyres ?

This weeks points;

Steve 25
Alan 22
Johno 20
Phil 16
Lee 15
Tug 11
Ruben 11
Tim 8
I may be biased but I enjoyed reading this report much more that the GpC 馃槀. Thanks for this Steve 馃

Registered
Thanks once again to Steve for great hosting and to everyone for a great evening's entertainment.

Just want to say that my Audi R5 did splendid work in testing the newly repaired armco and that the aforementioned armco did splendidly in response...!

The floor also provided a strong match for the Audi...:)

Registered
In fact, while I think about it... I also want to thank the marshals at the end of the main straight who showed great patience and observation (to retrieve car and various detached bits) despite at times flinching as the red missile hurtled down the main straight in my next (failed) effort to find the braking point!

41 - 60 of 71 Posts