SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just recieved my suntech motor from Tim [email protected] slot car heroes although I havent tried it in a car yet it looks very good and sounds quick
Rated at 31000 rpm @12v and priced at $7.00 plus postage it offers very good value and Tims mail order is superb,I'll revue the motor properly when Ive installed it in somthing suitable ,probably my proslot toyota as it needs a boost.
Cheers Tim

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1ST test on my home track which currently is about 70ft of carraera 2 lanes ,2 12ft straights and a vey twisty infield section. 7.2 secs in a proslot toyota with new proslot tyres no mags so it should get quicker as the tyres improve .
I geared the sun tech at 9/27 as our club tracks are very fast and have long straights a good time for Preston is 6.5 secs for the 100 ft and a good time at Pendle is 7.70 for the 118 ft with a similar car powered by an evo 3 so it will be intresting to see how the sun tech shows against that .
The suntech its self showed to be slightly faster in one direction although I havent had it on the dyno yet to confirm the claims of performance .
On the track it feels good very lively and the spread of power is very even a good sign that the motor has plenty of torque.Top end was more than adequate for the short straights of my test track.
First impresions are that it is more than capable of staying with the slotit v12 29k but lacking behind in top speed to the scale auto 35k but it may ultimatly be quicker due to better brakes.
I will test at Preston on thursday in practice and get a truer picture ,but my initial views are that this motor provides more than enough power for any home set user and is also extreemly good value for money

·
Alan Tadd
4,039 Posts
Thanks Graham, this does sound very interesting. What physical size is the motor, is it a direct replacement for a Mabuchi or is it Slot.it/Scaleauto size, or something different again?.

Web-site is looking great, by the way Tim.

Regards

Alan

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Direct replacement Alan Im going to try it at slot tech this afternoon seems very good at the moment,let you knowmore later.

By the way Alan ive ironed some of the problems out of your nissan Ill be taking that too for a test before it goes tommorrow

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
If there are thoughts of placing a little bulk order to help in minimising shipping costs, I would definitely take a couple too. Just let me know and a cheque will be in the post immediately, in advance of order. That is NOT pressure to do so, just an open offer if Grah is interested in obtaining any more.

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tried the sun tech at preston yesterday and I was very impresed ,The powerband is quite wide and the 3-1 ratio seemed ok Lap times were in the 6.9 region and It should go lower as I was testing on new tyres which arnt very grippy yet so once It has bedded them in properly I expect a lap time in the 6.5 region well into v12 times.
I'll probably run this car in the remaining GT races and report back if it wins any thing , time will tell but at the moment Im giving big thumbs up for the suntech

1 - 9 of 9 Posts