SlotForum banner
41 - 60 of 116 Posts

· Registered
3,636 Posts
I know the SRT is legal, but there are genuine SRTs and what people call SRTs.
Anyway if it's legal in Mod order me one as I feel like trying to race something that isn't a Marchon in Mod, though it would be better if it were a 1.5" wheelbase chassis, body isn't important as I've got something that's lighter than anything Tomy make.

On the tyres front, rounded edges sound interesting, as do urethanes, if the urethanes have the grip they'd be better than silicones as you can sand them to exactly the size you want and they shouldn't compress under magnetic force like silicones do.

· Banned
8,456 Posts
Do you want the wide SRTs then Julian? I can get those with a generic nascar shell in a twinpack, but that is probably still the cheapest way to get the chassis. Be warned I am only doing these as a pick up at meetings dealio.

As for the thanes supertires admit they are not as quick as siliucones when tracks are clean, but the firmness factor occured to me too.

· Registered
120 Posts
QUOTE (slowracer @ 29 Jan 2012, 16:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The bsrt front axle is not legal in the SF1 class!

Sorry if i am being a bit think. The bsrt front axle? is the skinny tyre things we have on our Echorc F1's?

· Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
QUOTE (palros @ 30 Jan 2012, 13:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry if i am being a bit think. The bsrt front axle? is the skinny tyre things we have on our Echorc F1's?

No, they are wizzard ones

· Premium Member
2,330 Posts
QUOTE (montoya1 @ 30 Jan 2012, 09:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The wheels and tyres then?

The reason I would not know the details is the same as before, the rules being kept secret on clubbz. If you email me a copy I can stop making these errors, and build some cars for SF1.

Oh dear!

You need to read post 4 again in this thread and follow the link - the answer is out there

· Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
To the list of compliant stock chassis, we could add Tyco, but who in their right mind would ever think it would be competitive against neo traction magnet cars

· Banned
8,456 Posts
Julian - drop me a PM re the twinpack.

Tony - If doing what you say involves a bit of a hunt around, no thanks, if you don't want to put your thin rules on this forum or in the clear some other way, that is up to you.

I recommended the BSRT axle becuase the tyres are superb for slamming the front of cars, the wheels look good and are true, and it is a decent axle. Why such parts are banned is beyond me. Do you check axles? Would you even know how the BSRT ones differ if the wheels were removed?

This is my last past in the SCHORC section, it is too much like banging one's head against the wall, and it is why I started the real snakepit. If SCHORCers want to be hooked up with the right gear, or discuss rules sans aggro, they know where to find me.

· Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Well, if at this stage 3 clicks is too much to find the answer . . . sorry

· Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Roll call time, confirmed participants are

Tony Stacey
Roy Masters
Al Wood
Paul Rose
James Easton
Lee Taylor
Lee Henderson
Nick Lamplough
Mark Gamble

Any others that I don't know of, that will make it?

Dave Ogden
Stephen Stacey
Paul Homewood
Craig Homewood

41 - 60 of 116 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.