SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't beleive how fast the New Renault F1 is straight out of the box.
It's over 1 second a lap faster than my Panasonic Toyota on a 9m track

·
Registered
543 Posts
found the same thing on a very fast sixty eight foot sport track. love the way the stepped magnet lets the back end step out with the wheels spinning hard.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is the new BMW Williams the same speed? I need a racing partner with a similar speed

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found the Renault was about half second quicker then my scaley MG lola's over the 20 meter track I had set up over christmas. Very impressive model.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I believe the new Scalex Williams and Renaults are on par, you can get similar lap times in your older Scalex versions by replacing the magnet with one from Professor Motor and fitting one of their 26,000 rpm motors also.

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got the new "walrus" nose williams and found it had loads of grunt but the renault did it for me on the curves, and this was the previous "white" front wing Renault FI, there is a different slimline motor in the williams. The Renault I obtained in Uk had the full mild seven decals on it, along with a carrera F1 2002 Ferrari with full Marlboro decals - I'll post a pic tomorrow (from the UK)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts