SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been asked before but can't find the answer on the search
I'm looking at some Superslot cars on the net and they look just like scalextric with a different name.
Are they the same, and will the digital chips work with them

Regards

Richard

·
Circuit Owner
5,923 Posts
Ready to be confused?

Due to past business deals the rights to the Scalextric name are held by Hornby for everywhere in the world except Spain. In Spain the right to the Scalextric name were held by Technitoys who sold their cars as Scalextric in Spain but as SCX everywhere else in the world. Technitoys sold out recently (can't remember the name of the business they sold out to) so the rights will have transferred to the buyer.

Hornby sell their cars as SuperSlot in Spain because they are prohibited from using the Scalextric brand.

I can't guarantee it but I would imagine the Superslot cars are identical to the Scalextric cars. This is why modern Scalextric cars do not carry the word "Scalextric" anywhere on the chassis - this allows them to use the same moulds for Spain thus saving the expense of making a mould for the Spanish market.

Hope that helps!

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Scalextric chips can be fitted to just about any slot car on the market ........

As a Rule of Thumb; the standard chips will cope with motors up to 20k RPM. It's not so much the rpm that kills a chip but the amount of power that the motor tries to draw from it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.