Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see on the internet pictures of cars with either short or long exhausts but never both sided of the same car. It occured to me that maybe the originals came with one short and one long.

Anyone have an original or two? For reference.

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
I'm not a rivet counter but the sprue included in the box with the cars had both length exhausts and the roofplate attached and possibly something else for you to attach as you saw fit.

·
Phil Smith
2,621 Posts
The cars originally came with short exhausts already fitted (the short exhausts were not on the sprue) and a sprue in the box with the long exhausts and two number plates, one for the roof and one for the bonnet.

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
Phil is undoubtedly right - I was going from memory as I sold my minters last year. I assumed the exhausts weren't fitted because the holes weren't punched through in the bonnet, but I think that may have been for the number plates.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting. Optional parts for kids to customize with. None of mine are anything like new but still I'm having fun and as I was involved in the 1:1 sport way back when they come attached with memories. I have made some new 1:1 acquaintances in the course of rebuilding them. Some of the old 1:1 cars have been rebuilt not Superstox but.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts