SlotForum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Phil Smith
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just finished a TS16 for the upcoming event at Presto Park, thought I'd show it here.
There seems to be quite a few liveries for these cars but I settled on the Gold/Black Salora TV one.

·
Phil Smith
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chassis is an old 80's style BSCRA F1 chassis, modified to take a slimline FF motor and a Beardog rear bracket (It originally had a typical period rewound and modified Johnson 111)

Note the small screws!

·
Phil Smith
2,622 Posts
QUOTE particularly like the driver detail, smashing !!.

The decals on the helmet are about as small as you can go with an Alps! well maybe a bit smaller but then you'd never see them to get them off the paper!

I hate these close up macro shots, you can see all the faults

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Utterly delightful work!

Superb, superb, superb!

There is a lot of 70's F1 interest in the Midlands too and I'm organising a 70's F1 championship see linky here.

Although your cars have brass chassis you might be interested in prepping a car to our Formula (link contained in linky above).

Keep your eyes peeled for updates coming soon.

You might also like to have a look at my efforts contained in my signature links below?

·
Phil Smith
2,622 Posts
As there are only two parts to the body it wouldn't be difficult to mount it onto a plastic chassis, perhaps the Fly March one where the rear engine/gearbox detail was sourced from.

But personally I'm not much interested in plastic chassis cars preferring to work in brass and piano wire, it's an age thing

Just realised I haven't done the mirrors! I always forget them!!

·
Premium Member
2,699 Posts
Excellent! I have never seen that livery. Can you tell us more about the 1:1? I only really knew of the B&O sponsored cars.

·
Phil Smith
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There are a few liveries for this car, I liked this one best.
Don't know that much but it did seem to run with two numbers, #43 and #23,

I did the #43 car as it had less decal work!

Here is the #23 car

of which there is a diecast model which is always handy when doing liveries and decals

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Brilliant work as ever Phil.

Thanks for posting and providing a reminder of the alternative liveries that can be produced.

Cheers,
Philip

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
I keep Coming across bits of this, which would be from the Matcbox kit, I'm putting them all into the same empty with the appropriate motor...........

EDDIE !!

Help!

I need another Chassis

1 - 14 of 14 Posts