SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lost my original account (gref) so here I am. Been a LONG time between drinks but here's some pics of what will be a 3 lane Scorpius digital track version of Suzuka in Queensland Australia. Col is the owner/builder and I will help where I can (my hand is out of action at the moment due to argument with glass) Frame is still under construction and will be at its highest point at the spoon curve. The plan is to straighten it out so it's relatively fast from the spoon to the pits. Cant remember how many lane brains he said will be installed but it wont be overload. A few lanes and pits. The rate he is going (started Sunday) it will be ready this weekend. Been a LONG time since I've had anything to do with a track build - it's a bit exciting!
Handwriting Font Material property Pattern Paper
Wood Floor Flooring Hardwood Beam
Building Wood House Gas Hardwood
Wood Mammal Floor Composite material Gas
Wood Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Automotive exterior
Wood Asphalt Road surface Art Rectangle

·
Registered
356 Posts
Interesting colored wood on the table framing, what is that? Here in the Pacific NW it is almost always Fir.

·
Prof I T
11,162 Posts
Very impressive 👍, just what the system deserves 😎

Reactions: greff

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bit more done with highest part of framework in place
Wood Beam Hardwood Lumber Building material

bit of a rise
Wood Beam Hardwood Plank Lumber

looking down
Property Building Wood Floor Beam

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Considering that can call "Suzuka" my home base (although as a 6 lane analog/4 lane digital Ninco track), I was wondering what your ideas are behind the "ideal/race line that meanders between your 3 lane track.

Could you please elaborate a bit more on your motivation how and why you've placed the LC's like they are now?

With kind regards
Tamar

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm not the builder, but from my perspective if race line was what the track was about there would be changers on every corner = huge cost, lots of work. I know he is also planning a compulsory lane change in a slow corner. there will also be one to access pits. I'm working on a deal for second hand scorpius stuff - if that happens it may mean more lane changers. It's going to be very fast from the highest corner on the track all the way to the start/finish straight. Appreciate your comments and input

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Looks like a really nice build in progress, look forward to what will happen next. What a beaut Aussie shed. Suzuka is a good choice.

Interesting colored wood on the table framing, what is that? Here in the Pacific NW it is almost always Fir.
Now that you've asked, I'm also curious. Looks like a combination of recycled treated Pine (softwood) and hardwood. I think hardwood is used in Australia for roofing structures, as I see second hand stuff for sale on local classifieds in Sydney but its not something I really know a lot about.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks like a really nice build in progress, look forward to what will happen next. What a beaut Aussie shed. Suzuka is a good choice.

Now that you've asked, I'm also curious. Looks like a combination of recycled treated Pine (softwood) and hardwood. I think hardwood is used in Australia for roofing structures, as I see second hand stuff for sale on local classifieds in Sydney but its not something I really know a lot about.
not sure to be honest, think it's mostly recycled wood

·
Prof I T
11,162 Posts
I'm not the builder, but from my perspective if race line was what the track was about there would be changers on every corner = huge cost, lots of work. I know he is also planning a compulsory lane change in a slow corner. there will also be one to access pits. I'm working on a deal for second hand scorpius stuff - if that happens it may mean more lane changers. It's going to be very fast from the highest corner on the track all the way to the start/finish straight. Appreciate your comments and input
Looks like the builder has opted to use Scorpius Pearl (programmable electrically activated racing line)..very cool feature 👍

1 - 20 of 24 Posts