SlotForum banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
QUOTE (JOHN SECCHI @ 7 May 2012, 18:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Got one of them TMR lane sticker if anyone wants to replicate them, be a nice touch for a Tottenham retro event.
Don't know if Zenon Craft ever raced at Tottenham but me and him took the trip from Southall to TMR a couple of time's to look at all the latest bits which we couldn't afford, different world to Nordic!
[oneofwos]

i have a small wad of the stickers in my old box! think ive got all 8 colours to!

·
Registered
34 Posts
QUOTE (JOHN SECCHI @ 7 May 2012, 19:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Got one of them TMR lane sticker if anyone wants to replicate them, be a nice touch for a Tottenham retro event.
Don't know if Zenon Craft ever raced at Tottenham but me and him took the trip from Southall to TMR a couple of time's to look at all the latest bits which we couldn't afford, different world to Nordic!
[oneofwos]

But TMR didn't have Max the Alsation, the dog that manged to drag Fletcher under the track whilst marshalling!

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Hi jon
and ate Paul turners 1/2 chicken while he was racing

Cheers tony

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
QUOTE (TSRF @ 29 Oct 2011, 16:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cool stuff!
Would any of you gentlemen know the present whereabouts of Ron Kiddell and Michael Finnessey?

Hi not bad just over a year later i have found this thread lol
Nice to see the article on the Tottenham open again (lost my copy looking for another if anybody knows of 1)
Still in touch with Phil Lee from that final as he has always been a friend of mine.
Have done some Ninco slot car racing a few years ago at GT Raceways in Rayleigh , Which is next door to my Skyline tuning garage.
I dont have time to do slot cars now as to busy with real racing my skylines.
The King track was always my fav track and always went on about it when racing the Ninco stuff,Met up with Eddie Mac to as he also did a bit of racing at GT Raceway.

found this recently

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Slot King
3,722 Posts
Sometimes the stars all come aligned at the right time and magical things happen without any intervention from mere mortals.

Last Tuesday, it happened to me. I had been following this lot on ebay and decided to bid. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIRFIX-CARS-SLOT-CARS-X3-PLUS-BODIES-VINTAGE-/183341901089?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=dvfDaDCkVXdjnR%252FDelWmIeRRj%252Fw%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

I could see 2 in line scratch chassis, 3 interesting looking motors, and the 1/24th car was a Ferrari, sadly, fitted with an anglewinder chassis.

Equally important, some of the bodies were signed LND, and I like signed slot-things, I really really like signed slot-things.

Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Gas Luggage and bags Machine Metal

As I spent last week working in Poland, I decided to use my faithful Snipper (n'en déplaise aux vieux shnocks).

I picked up the parcel from the post office today. Once opened, I realised that I clearly wasn't paying attention when I bid, this is what I found when I opened the box:

The F1 chassis is marked Mike Williams.

Gas Bumper Rectangle Automotive exterior Machine

And under the 1/24th Ferrari is a Tottenham raceway sticker for #75.

Luggage and bags Gas Wood Bag Machine

Green Gas Corded phone Font Telephone

Putting 2 and 2 together, I searched the forum and found this thread. It is the car entered by Mike Williams at the Tottenham open in 1970 (as per scan above).

There you go: Thanks to the magic of Ebay and the power of snipping, a little bit of British slot history gets to live another day (albeit in a Frenchman's house).

Joel

PS: One last thing, who is LND??

PPS: Right now I feel like a dog with 2 d***s.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Joel, I'm glad these have come back into the fold as it were.

I saw the sticker on the car with the nose spoiler (therefore possibly a raceway car), and asked the seller what it was, thinking that it might be a scrutineer's sticker. All he could tell me was that the cars had been his late brother's and he couldn't read the sticker...!

Richard

·
Gordon Steadman
6,996 Posts
n'en déplaise aux vieux shnocks
biggrin.png

It would take considerably more than this to upset me. In this case, the result was the right one anyway. If those cars had come into this establishment, like any other slot car, they would have been used. Probably asset stripped for the gears and motors and the fact that they had history would not have bothered me at all.

As I said elsewhere, different mind set
smile.png

·
Premium Member
5,454 Posts
These nice spare bodies will require the construction of replica chassis... and motors.
Another project that will see the light sometime before my ashes are used as fertilizer.

Tire Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive parking light

Font Material property Publication Book Advertising

Sleeve Rectangle Flag of the united states Cap Headgear

Mobile phone Font Beverage can Bottle Communication Device

Attachments

61 - 80 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.