Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2013 event is to be held on Sunday, 6 January 2013.

Calendar entry here with full details.

We will have the usual mix of swapmeet tables and circuits. Last year we sold out of table space and hit the 60 table capacity.

Here is the Swindon Advertiser's write-up of the 2012 event.

2012 has been a great year for swapmeets. Milton Keynes Feb has been re-born, the UK Slotcar Festival goes from strength to strength and we have just had a new event in the shape of Abingdon.

Contact me at Swindon Swapmeet if you would like to book a swapmeet table. Tables are £30 for 6 foot (with space for paste table) and £10 for 3 foot (no space for paste table).

·
Registered
224 Posts
42 of the 61 table holders from the sold-out 2012 event were re-booked by end of Oct. That's a great show of support for the event - thank you and a sign the 2013 event will be another good one for visitors.

So there are still plenty of tables left at the moment but these will start to disappear as we get into December. So if you are thinking of having a stall for the first time, now is a good time to secure your space. It's £10 paid on the day for a 3 foot table and you save your £2.50 entrance too, effective price £7.50.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
48 tables now booked.

First-time stall-holders always welcome at Swindon. If you're unsure if you've got enough cars to sell then the minimum number is however many you've got whether it's 12, 6 or 3 cars. I know from conversations over the years people are shy about coming for the first time and amount of stock is one of the reasons.

Another reason is that people think having a table is a closed shop for regulars. That's not true. We always have 3-4 first timers at Swindon, swapmeet organisers love having first-timers and other table-holders welcome new faces and new things for sale too.

·
Phil Smith
2,621 Posts
Phil Smith's Famous Collapsing Auction is returning to Swindon for the first time since 2009!!

There will be over 450 loose and unboxed cars in the auction with prices going down to £5 and maybe even lower!
Everything from Sixties Scalextric to cuurent Slot it cars will be for sale.

For those who don't know how this works all the cars will be displayed on four tables when the doors open at 10.30am, the price for anything on the tables will be £45/car and at 11.00am this will drop to £35/car and then every half hour the price will drop until at 1pm it reaches £5/car, but there will not be very much left by then!

See you all next Sunday
Phil

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
According to my maths Phil, by 1pm you will be paying individuals £5 a car to take them away

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Hi all
Just to say that Four Lane Blacktop will be at the show as usual with an eclectic mix of tracks:
Our 1/32 four lane wooden track
Our four lane HO track
Our monster Carrera dragstrip

We will also be running a round of the Micro Scalextric World Championship in association with Scalextric, one of three we will be running this year.

As usual you'll be able to run our cars, or 'what you brung' and we will offer small prizes for the best performers on each track.

For more about the best slot car club in Marlborough, please see our website and Our Slotforum thread

Look forward to seeing you there!

Rob

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Hi all, HO Racing Ahead will be there as usual, with a good selection of HO Cars, Spares Sets and Track.

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Thanks to everyone who came to the swapmeet today.

Our three tracks were very busy for long periods and the SCX Nascar cars on our 1/32 monster took a hell of a hammering from the <no THIS is your car!> brigade. As usual they emerged unscathed. Over on the HO circuit we ran a round of the MicroScalextric World Championship for a large number of entrants and on the dragstrip Dragrap was indebted to Steve and the guys who hauled over from Kent to join in.

We bought a set of Avant Slot cars for our new Enduro series and I also managed to buy some MRRC bodies, an ECRA SCD Formula 32 car and four Classic F1's for a tenner. Thanks to another club member running a stall and selling some of my stuff I managed to end slightly in profit for the day. Honest!

If you want to have more relaxed goes on these tracks come and see us in Marlborough. Our Forum is here!

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Just a note of thanks to Robert the organiser and his team, for a well organised and well attended swapmeet!

A very good, busy day till the end at 3.30pm.

Thanks again for a job well done.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Many thanks to all who attended. Visitors and traders alike.

And a special thanks to FLBT for the circuits which really help to make this event.

Next event Sunday, 5 January 2014. This will be the 10th event. I can't promise anything special or different for this anniversary, at this stage at least, but for me personally (and my brother Jon who instigated the event) this will be a significant landmark to reach.

·
Registered
66 Posts
2 of us came down for the day, both got some buildings we were after.
Also picked up 5 slot it cars from the reverse aution at 15 quid each! one even had the lighting module kit in it!
nice venue, friendly stall holders, good day all Round.
Next time can you make it mandatory for people to take marshal huts! I needs them! lol.
well done.

rick.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts