SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the lead up to the opening weekend nearly over, Jörg and I managed to get some more done to the Rally Track.

Timing system is installed, as is the PC and 'tower of power'

You can see the lowlands field now also, just awaiting tweaking and the river running over and under the track.

I also put in the bridge at last, this is only temporary as there is much more to do with it but we needed some security at the high back end of the track - too many cars sliding into the Swiss pit of doom (one and a half Meters onto concrete)
It is made of MDF and the suspension is done with knotted and glued hemp twine.

This is going to be the snow area and will include white painted track.

Ecurie Ecosse - You should see something familiar in the last pic if you look close!
Pride of place near the correct track

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Very nice - and I don't just mean the poster! I have definitely got to get over there soon.

In case I don't get a chance before the weekend, I hope everything goes to plan and you have a great opening weekend and future success. At the risk of sounding American, the effort that has gone into those tracks is humbling.

Scott

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Great stuff mate, keep it going. I know what goes into developing a club type circuit and also wish you all the best. Great positioning for a really nice poster!

I was really inspired by Matt Tuck`s` rally circuit that he displayed and raced at the Phoenix meeting...really got me thinking mate.

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
I kinda liked the "Swiss Pit of Doom" idea... separate the men from the boys so to speak... bad driving pays the ultimate price.

You guys are turning the place into something fantastic Swiss!
Hope opening weekend is as successful as your efforts!

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Exactly what we did last night Inte' ! along with the Ford Pro Truck, they were the benchmark for clearance around the track mate.

Without magnets or any additional work to them at all they run around 14/15 second laps on 12 volts/3 Amp supplies. This should decrease with practice and especially when we have the track finished.

I also like the idea of a nasty trip into the 'Pit of Doom' for the unwary BUT as it is mostly MY cars running on it at the moment.....

·
Registered
238 Posts
The track looks great Swiss

What , or how are the dipped pieces of tracks done? There appears to be two sections with them, one down on the flat area and one up on the approach to the bridge.

Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts