SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the list of New Releases from Ninco is a Mercedes CLK GTR in the Number '12' ' Original Teile' livery. This had great graphics depicting the engine bay stripped back to show the motor itself.

"Great news !" I hear you say...

"PAH!" say I " Been there - Got that last year"

It was made as a Limited Edition by the German aftermarket supplies Company 'Axis'.

Off to stamp my feet and stand in a corner sulking for a few hours now...

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Anyone know how much these are worth?

The special editions that is, not the standard Ninco ones.

Picked one up a while ago, and it's of no use to me...

Mclaren

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Na, it's the oldest post on the site.

It also happened to interest me, 'cos I got one.

Basically, a couple of guys did a run of about 50 re-liveries of existing CLK's in the livery above (oh, at a massive cost).

Then Ninco released the same livery themselves...
Presumably, zero-ing the value of the re-liveries...

Just wondered if they were still worth anything.

Mclaren

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I bought it second hand from the bottom of a Tesco's bag... for the princly sum of £5!

But I think I recall people paying over £100 for them when they first came out...

McLaren

·
Registered
398 Posts
Heck Artin had one of those Merc. CLK's out the year they ran the orignal one 1-1 or very soon after. I got one a with the big Artin set I got for a nephews son then. He may still have the car. Of course it was just a big stick on decal but from three feet away it did not look too bad.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
The hand done liveries are awesome.

Rear wings are carbon fibred, square pattern is about 0.2mm across.

Decals are also all hand done, and there is also some hand painted bits.

If you were a couple of inchs away, you'd have thought you were a few hundred meters away from the real thing.

McLaren

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
With that detailing it has to be worth more than Ninco's version (I've got a Ninco one) the rear wing is just black plastic, so I reckon £50 to start. NOTE: I'm not making an offer!!

Mark.

·
Registered
448 Posts
QUOTE (McLaren @ 24 Aug 2004, 22:05)I bought it second hand from the bottom of a Tesco's bag... for the princly sum of £5!

But I think I recall people paying over £100 for them when they first came out...

McLaren
wow, nice one

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
An old thread..... an old car. I built this version a few years ago, using the PRS body, for a proxy race held for magnet traction "plastic chassis" at Rad Trax in Las Vegas. The chassis uses a TSRF32 centre section with a Slot.it Audi R8C outer section:-

It came back in pieces in a Walmart bag

Kind regards,

Russell

·
DT
5,195 Posts
QUOTE (Russell Sheldon @ 25 Aug 2004, 07:33)...It came back in pieces in a Walmart bag

So much for Walmart for being the gardian [of the future] of the hobby...

·
Registered
446 Posts
Harsh people at Ninco. I bet Ninco got all the credit for it. Why don't they try and make their Impreza 03 actually look like one instead.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts