·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Yep!

I am going to partake in my first 24hour race, courtesy of French Team

'Scuderia CiRS032'

The Team name is an acronym for

"Circuits Routiers du Sud-Ouest 1/32"

and is based on a New Local Club around the home town of the Team Founders.

Team members:

Phillipe Contarini
Eric Fortunato
Allan Wakefield (Swissracer)
John Kellaway (BSN)

Team T-Shirts are now done (bar one that I messed the graphic up on and have to redo)...

and finally, a little scoop here guys but I had permission so...

Here is the 1/32 track, well on it's way to completion...

There are some nerve wracking curves in that lot huh ?

and HOW BIG is that building??

As a reminder, here are the details of the Event..

Spanish 1/32 Endurance Race

Pictures of the SlotIt Porsche 956 car in Team colours will appear here when it is ready.

Man I am nervous...

Tips and tricks welcomed...

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very helpful guys - thanks for the depths of wisdom and sincerity shown, I am err--Touched!

NO comments on the fact that I MUST be touched to want to do this

BSN - email me

·
Ric Woods
817 Posts
if you are using Parma controllers, a piece of tape around your thumb will stop the dreaded blister where it touches the handle. Filing the 'Parma' logo off on that side would probably help too. I fully concur with Inte's comment, it does make a big difference if you keep your arm down a bit. Best of luck!

Mooster

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice pics!

I am not sure if that is the same place but that track is SCARY !!!!

Looks like our own 'BSN' will be joining me on Team Cirso32
- what are we doing???

Actually it looks ALOT of fun and I am counting on it raising my driving skills some

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Well its getting close, but I still have had no conformation from phillipe or eric?

I don't want to get to sucked in, incase I get disappointed, but those pics of that track are sure as HELL scary!!

Time to go and do an hour with my R8 to calm the nerves!!!

Swiss, do you have any info?

BSN

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not yet either, but I will check.

Overdrive are sponsoring the Team some, with caps and extra large LEDs for the lights.

My guess is the painting and set up is taking the weekend at least

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
That looks very scary.

My tip would be to take a Spanish phrase book. You are going to have to learn a few choice words when you shout at the track marshalls.

See it as the reverse of the relationship that Basil Fawlty had with Manuel if you don't. You may get a "Manuel type" reaction from the track marshalls if you use your best Basil Fawlty Engleesh.

Also, don't wear a Real Madrid football shirt (David Beckham Nr 23 and all that) or show anybody your Fly Real Madrid Porsche special!

Cheers
Moped

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Hi Mope,

I suppose an England rugby shirt is right out then?

The only thing I'll be saying to the marshalls is;

"Get your head out the way, so I can see the horrifically tight hairpin!"

"PLEASE"

BSN

Swiss you will have mail

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Seriously swiss I have done a couple of these type of events and an awfull lot of shorter enduroes,the main thing with an event like this is to keep lapping get into your rythm and keep going 24 hrs is a long time to race and as long as the event doesnt alow spare cars and all the repairs are to be done in the race as in a real enduro then the the race aint over till the time is done .Our last 24 hr race at pendle allowed the use of 2 motors but only one car all repairs where done in the running of the race and all the cars finnished I still have one of the motors in a car which runs well.In an event as long as this team management is also imortant knowing when to change drivers when to service the car, a team manager may see when a driver is droping off the pace better than the driver,It may be just the driver is getting tired or maybe he isnt happy with the lane ,again it will depend on the rules.
If there is enough intrest I may see about running one at pendle next year
Graham

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks LancerLee

Pics will be taken and I added a few up top today anyway, including the actual track under construction - a REAL Scoop.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.